• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Aaron Buozos has decommitted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe alot of in-state kids will end up with a scholly which is good for them. This is just a trend I wouldnt want to see every year.

I would rather give a scholly to a walk-on senior who has put his time in, to free it up again after the year, rather than waste a 4 year scholly on a local kid who wouldn't have gotten a sniff otherwise

I would rather give a scholly to a walk-on senior who has put his time in, to free it up again after the year, rather than waste a 4 year scholly on a local kid who wouldn't have gotten a sniff otherwise

+1

Honestly this was one of the recruits I had kinda forgotten about just due to how early he committed and how unheralded of a recruit he actually was. I know he was considering AFA back when he committed to us as well though so who knows. Is it possible our coaches cooled on him due to Frankie Williams or some other late prospect? Not saying this is the reason, but if you're getting decommits this late in the season, very often its due to the coaches cooling on the recruit. Also we did have the article regarding an injury during the season so perhaps thats another reason...? Unfortunate to lose a recruit, but going to an Academy is a great opportunity as well and I wish him the best of luck.

He verbaled over 8 months ago. I hope our coaches didn't "cool" on him right before signing date. That would not show a lot of class on the part of our coaches.

Went back and reread the articles on him at Huskermax. Still bothered by this. I can only hope he really wanted the academy and service afterward. Mike Moschetti is his coach so if I get paranoid did the kid get spooked by something Moschetti said about Watson? Understand he is a defensive ball player.

Can only hope our coaches are okay with this and needed the scholarship.

Went back and reread the articles on him at Huskermax. Still bothered by this. I can only hope he really wanted the academy and service afterward. Mike Moschetti is his coach so if I get paranoid did the kid get spooked by something Moschetti said about Watson? Understand he is a defensive ball player.

Can only hope our coaches are okay with this and needed the scholarship.

According to the OWH article, Moschetti just said that this decision is about the rest of the kid's life and not just football. I tend to think that the kid probably saw the writing on the wall that he would very likely not be able to play football after college and that he could have a better career and life with a degree from the Air Force Academy.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110123/BIGRED/110129843

According to the OWH article, Moschetti just said that this decision is about the rest of the kid's life and not just football. I tend to think that the kid probably saw the writing on the wall that he would very likely not be able to play football after college and that he could have a better career and life with a degree from the Air Force Academy.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110123/BIGRED/110129843

It has been said around here that Bo and staff give kids a great sense that UNL is about more than just football, but the AF academy is a different ballgame. I am sad for us but am thankful for kids that make this choice and maintain the strong military that we can be proud of!

Fwiw, and I am not saying this negative whatsoever but we lost a recruit today and stayed the same in the rankings for those of you that care.

Fwiw, and I am not saying this negative whatsoever but we lost a recruit today and stayed the same in the rankings for those of you that care.

This is interesting.... U think they stayed the same or have not been updated?

That said, barring a major exodus (which I don't see happening) we will be sitting pretty good!

Oh we are still sitting very good! The one thing to not forget is that this is an amazing class we have put together, and even if we lose another(not saying we will) its still a great class! Its just frustrating knowing how poorly in my mind we have closed it out so far, and how high expectations have become! All benefits of having such a good head coach though! It will all work out in the end!:):)

He verbaled over 8 months ago. I hope our coaches didn't "cool" on him right before signing date. That would not show a lot of class on the part of our coaches.

That's just the rumor that gets started each and every time a recruit decommits. We hate rejection around here, so we use the "it's not them, it's us" routine.

Checking out ESPN's Recruiting trail made me realize there is alot of this decommitting going on.

Agree with the decision to go to Air Force. I always wonder why some of these kids turn down places like Harvard for their education. I fully support the Huskers but I also understand what an education means for your life.

Checking out ESPN's Recruiting trail made me realize there is alot of this decommitting going on.

Agree with the decision to go to Air Force. I always wonder why some of these kids turn down places like Harvard for their education. I fully support the Huskers but I also understand what an education means for your life.

Keep in mind that Harvard does not give athletic scholarships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back