• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

A word on CSU

Did anyone expect double-digit wins? Any victories over top-half conference teams? Any talk about a possible post-season tournament berth, no matter how lowly?

if the expectation was last, he obviously exceeded that. I expected them to lose almost every game based on how putrid the talent level was.

not trying to argue or project future success based on this year, and the odds are definitely against him, but i think he far exceeded what was thought possible with this roster
Was the talent level worse than 2012 team?

Yeah, pretty hilarious and original, given he's 10 years sober.

Stay classy, sCUm...

Lighten up, Francis. Students are students; always have been, always will be. A supposed mature adult calling another fan base scum is less classy and less mature than anything any of the students at CU said or did during the CSU game.... by far. :rolleyes:

Agree Groce was a long shot. Wasn't CSU's team mostly intact from last year? Miles left some nice talent behind for Eustachy to work with. Re: Miles as Nebraska's choice. Considering our past lineage of coaches; Cipriano, Iba, Nee, Collier, Sadler, with Nee being modestly the most successful, I like the potential of Miles. A lot of times winners just are what they are, regardless of league, division, school or state. Miles has simply turned every team, at every level of coaching in his career into winning teams.

Agree the odds aren't with him. Hell, he knew that himself before he even took the job. When saying he exceeded expectations this year might not be giving him enough credit. Besides his team talent level, his bench was also about as short as a Chihuahua in high heels. I think he coached the team up, and got the most out of his men this season.

It's early, who knows what Miles future will bring. I know. But I do like his attitude, recruiting, and what I've seen of his coaching to this point.

I had forgotten that Eustachy took the CSU job. That guy is a pure coach. Miles evidently left some quality talent for him, because if Eustachy has some he'll get the most out of it. I know they got cooked in the last game, but winning one is a big feat.

oh, and Iverson for CSU is the son of my 6th grade math/science teacher. Followed him a bit during recruiting...ransferred from Minn, I believe.

I followed Iverson too. He did transfer from Minnesota. Sounds like he was more of a role player there when they had Ralph Sampson's kid. My sister and brother-in-law both teach at Yankton and my nephew graduated with Iverson.

Last edited:

Agree Groce was a long shot. Wasn't CSU's team mostly intact from last year? Miles left some nice talent behind for Eustachy to work with. Re: Miles as Nebraska's choice. Considering our past lineage of coaches; Cipriano, Iba, Nee, Collier, Sadler, with Nee being modestly the most successful, I like the potential of Miles. A lot of times winners just are what they are, regardless of league, division, school or state. Miles has simply turned every team, at every level of coaching in his career into winning teams.

Agree the odds aren't with him. Hell, he knew that himself before he even took the job. When saying he exceeded expectations this year might not be giving him enough credit. Besides his team talent level, his bench was also about as short as a Chihuahua in high heels. I think he coached the team up, and got the most out of his men this season.

It's early, who knows what Miles future will bring. I know. But I do like his attitude, recruiting, and what I've seen of his coaching to this point.

Miles = Jerry Kill

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back