• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

A new brain injury lawsuit could be the undoing of college football as we know it

Chew on this....

CNN:

NFL acknowledges CTE link with football. Now what?

120607131023-nfl-kevin-turner-helmet-off-medium-plus-169.jpg

"I unequivocally think there's a link between playing football and CTE," McKee said Monday. "We've seen it in 90 out of 94 NFL players whose brains we've examined, we've found it in 45 out of 55 college players and six out of 26 high school players. Now I don't think this represents how common this disease is in the living population, but the fact that over five years I've been able to accumulate this number of cases in football players, it cannot be rare. In fact, I think we are going to be surprised at how common it is."

At Link:

https://www.cnn.com/2016/03/15/health/nfl-cte-link/index.html

So 12 more high school players checked satisfies your argument against what I posted? And 6 of 26 is only 23% so a 2% increase over the study I posted does not translate to "high percentage of high school players". Thanks for posting a study that refutes your own claim about high school kids. :Clap:

C

So 12 more high school players checked satisfies your argument against what I posted? And 6 of 26 is only 23% so a 2% increase over the study I posted does not translate to "high percentage of high school players". Thanks for posting a study that refutes your own claim about high school kids. :Clap:

C

Take another look ....

C

I Played Youth Football for Years. What Will They Find in My Brain?
The NFL's biggest problem goes beyond the pros.

"Based on logic and common sense and the growing totality of the research, I don’t think kids should be playing tackle football." —Robert Stern

The study follows one from Wake Forest School of Medicine last year that found young boys between the ages of 8 and 13 who played only one season of football showed signs of changes in their brains.

Link:

https://www.esquire.com/sports/a12437805/youth-football-cte-concussion/

But what the hell...you got your story...what are fact to you.

Chew on this....

CNN:

NFL acknowledges CTE link with football. Now what?

120607131023-nfl-kevin-turner-helmet-off-medium-plus-169.jpg

"I unequivocally think there's a link between playing football and CTE," McKee said Monday. "We've seen it in 90 out of 94 NFL players whose brains we've examined, we've found it in 45 out of 55 college players and six out of 26 high school players. Now I don't think this represents how common this disease is in the living population, but the fact that over five years I've been able to accumulate this number of cases in football players, it cannot be rare. In fact, I think we are going to be surprised at how common it is."

At Link:

https://www.cnn.com/2016/03/15/health/nfl-cte-link/index.html

And this

The Football Industrial Complex Is in Big Trouble

http://fortune.com/2017/09/07/nfl-ncaa-football-concussion-cte/

And USA TODAY:

How many more dead athletes before we address CTE?

635997702345814824-c01-seau-01.jpg

How many more dead athletes do we need before we stop quibbling about the toll of head trauma? How many more autopsies that find brains riddled with disease? How many more heart-wrenching stories of mood changes, depression and memory loss?

100? 200? Because we’re already there.

A new study published Tuesday in the Journal of the American Medical Association found chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) in the brains of 110 out of 111 former NFL players. Let that sink in for a minute. With 53 players on regular-season rosters, that’s two teams' worth of players, plus a couple of practice squad guys.

Makes you look at the roster of your favorite team a little differently, doesn’t it?

It’s not just NFL players who are vulnerable, either. The brains of 202 men who played football at the youth level, high school, college, semiprofessional, Canadian Football League and NFL were studied by researchers from Boston University and the VA Boston Healthcare System, and 177 were found to have CTE. That’s 87%.

...how is your narrative doing?

Link Here:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ead-athletes-before-we-address-cte/509670001/

AND HERE...

'CTE is real': New study finds brain disease in almost all football players tested

202 players examined in largest update on chronic traumatic encephalopathy

Research on 202 former football players found evidence of brain disease in nearly all of them, from athletes in the CFL, NFL, college and even high school.
It's the largest update on chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE, a brain disease linked with repeated head blows.

Link HERE:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/c...inds-brain-disease-football-players-1.4221276

You can increase the font as large as you want, but it still can't hide the fact that you use lies to support your "research"

Is that your story?
Can you show where solesrfr suggested anything similar to what you are implying?

The story is that you regularly bear false witness against your neighbor, and you regularly lie and purport false information to support your agenda.

when this forum was still Huskerpedia it had a better class of people. Now so many snowflakes. Don't sprain a wrist keeping yourself elevated.

Last edited:

"Based on logic and common sense and the growing totality of the research, I don’t think kids should be playing tackle football." —Robert Stern

The study follows one from Wake Forest School of Medicine last year that found young boys between the ages of 8 and 13 who played only one season of football showed signs of changes in their brains.

Link:

I am just trying to get you to post the study that showed a "high percentage of high school players" and nothing more. Are you saying that the study I posted is not fact? From the actual study in the article you posted(you must be a speed reader). And the study was not for actual CTE.

It is important to note that none of the players had any signs or symptoms of concussion.

"We do not know if there are important functional changes related to these findings, or if these effects will be associated with any negative long-term outcomes," Dr. Whitlow said. "Football is a physical sport, and players may have many physical changes after a season of play that completely resolve. These changes in the brain may also simply resolve with little consequence. However, more research is needed to understand the meaning of these changes to the long-term health of our youngest athletes."

And I am not saying there is no link between football and CTE.

C

Link:

So seriously why are you posting and paying to post on a football board. Since you believe all of this to be 100% true. Aren't you perpetuating the problem?

I am just trying to get you to post the study that showed a "high percentage of high school players" and nothing more. Are you saying that the study I posted is not fact? From the actual study in the article you posted(you must be a speed reader). And the study was not for actual CTE.

And I am not saying there is no link between football and CTE.

C

What is now more than a trickle...will turn soon into a deluge....and with it...the game we love will be gone..

Moms take on football, suing Pop Warner for their sons' head trauma, deaths

750x422

Big legal win
Cornell and Archie are among the most high-profile advocates for change in youth football in America, and beginning in 2016 they took the formidable path of suing Pop Warner, a national institution that has been around for 89 years.

The potential results could rattle the game.

Represented by Tom Girardi, the well-known L.A. lawyer who helped win the Erin Brockovich case, Cornell and Archie scored a significant legal victory in October.

Philip Gutierrez, a U.S. District Court judge in California, ruled that most of the claims in the case against Pop Warner Little Scholars, Inc. could move forward to trial, despite attempts by Pop Warner to have them dismissed.

Those claims: negligence, fraud, fraudulent concealment and negligent misrepresentation.

No case against Pop Warner has advanced this far in court. Other plaintiffs who sued PWLS in recent years eventually settled for undisclosed payouts.

“We have a very strong hand,” said Archie, of North Hollywood, who was an advocate for safety in youth sports years before her son died.

The moms are seeking unspecified damages. A trial date has not been set.

More at link:
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...pop-warner-for-cte-damage-20180128-story.html

What is now more than a trickle...will turn soon into a deluge....and with it...the game we love will be gone..

Moms take on football, suing Pop Warner for their sons' head trauma, deaths

750x422

Big legal win

Cornell and Archie are among the most high-profile advocates for change in youth football in America, and beginning in 2016 they took the formidable path of suing Pop Warner, a national institution that has been around for 89 years.

The potential results could rattle the game.

Represented by Tom Girardi, the well-known L.A. lawyer who helped win the Erin Brockovich case, Cornell and Archie scored a significant legal victory in October.

Philip Gutierrez, a U.S. District Court judge in California, ruled that most of the claims in the case against Pop Warner Little Scholars, Inc. could move forward to trial, despite attempts by Pop Warner to have them dismissed.

Those claims: negligence, fraud, fraudulent concealment and negligent misrepresentation.

No case against Pop Warner has advanced this far in court. Other plaintiffs who sued PWLS in recent years eventually settled for undisclosed payouts.

“We have a very strong hand,” said Archie, of North Hollywood, who was an advocate for safety in youth sports years before her son died.

The moms are seeking unspecified damages. A trial date has not been set.

More at link:
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...pop-warner-for-cte-damage-20180128-story.html

You can increase the font as large as you want, but it still can't hide the fact that you regularly use lies to support your agenda and bear false witness against others.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back