• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

A new brain injury lawsuit could be the undoing of college football as we know it

We've always got volleyball to hang our hat on...or is that currently an 'at-risk' sport as well?
Well, the good thing is that if we eliminate football there can be a lot of men's sports brought back, so men in other sports at the U can finally be treated equally to women.

Last edited:
Good question… The answer to the question would be so much easier if you could administer a blood test and see if there was a positive result for CTE… But sadly that’s not the case

The only way to see CTE is by brain biopsy after death.According to frontline and the PBS story… 98% of NFL players that were biopsied after death had CTE.

I have also seen studies that have biopsied high school players who have died… In a very high percentage of those high school players also had CTE.

I think the research that is being done now is pointing to “Will“ rather than “may“

I'd like to see those studies if you don't mind!

I'd like to see those studies if you don't mind!
I have referred to a couple already… I’m sure there are many more… Google search for the latest results.

One of the links was for the front line article… Another link was a law firm site dealing with brain injuries… That had links to studies I believe.

But a simple Google search will turn up more information then you could possibly ever want to Wade through

I think it’s important to do your own research… If I do it for you and you are antagonistic towards the thought that there may be a link between football and CTE… Then you’ll site the studies as irrelevant or tainted… So is incumbent upon each of us for this topic to do our own research

Last edited:

I have referred to a couple already… I’m sure there are many more… Google search for the latest results.

One of the links was for the front line article… Another link was a law firm site dealing with brain injuries… That had links to studies I believe.

But a simple Google search will turn up more information then you could possibly ever want to Wade through

I think it’s important to do your own research… If I do it for you and you are antagonistic towards the thought that there may be a link between football and CTE… Then you’ll site the studies as irrelevant or tainted… So is incumbent upon each of us for this topic to do our own research
Oh man. :Rolf:

At minimum you should be able to point us in the direction of the study with the very high rate of high schoolers. You claim to have seen multiple, but I can’t find one. “Google it” isn’t how you back up claims.

Last edited:
I already cited a study by frontline we are 96% of X NFL players showed positive signs for CTE. You found a way to discount those numbers… Not that the study wasn’t true but at the 96% simply doesn’t mean anything. You are predisposed to want to believe a certain way. I challenge you to do your own research and come to your own conclusion… Me doing your research for you is too lazy. If the subject is of interest to you…Do the work.

I have yet to see you post any study or white paper that refutes the front line reported research… And I would love to if you have it. Not saying you can’t find it… But all you have done is cast doubt on what I posted… Too lazy.

Such an interesting topic… Primarily because the results are not available until after your dead:(

Last edited:
cte.jpg

Google is your friend....follow the Frontline report.

Very small sample size. Also no tests of players brains that lived to a ripe old age and had no symptoms of dementia etc. Most good studies have several arms. There is way to much missing. No conclusion can be made from this bit of sensationalism.

More importantly, that research should be done intelligently and honestly, and deliberately false conclusions should not be purported. Do you agree?

I have yet to see you post any study or white paper that refutes the front line reported research… And I would love to if you have it. Not saying you can’t find it… But all you have done is cast doubt on what I posted… Too lazy.
It is lazy to be ignorant and deliberately dishonest. Do you agree?

when this forum was still Huskerpedia it had a better class of people. Now so many snowflakes. Don't sprain a wrist keeping yourself elevated.

Last edited:

Just asking for a link to the study you are quoting. No research for me, I didn't quote an "article". I am asking are there any Scientific studies to support your article. There is a huge difference between articles and scientific studies. Statistics prove the validity of what You quoted. Do your due diligence and prove what you pulled out of your nethers is correct. NOT MY JOB.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back