• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

A legal question about FHCMR contract.

Just because people disagree with you doesn't make them MR apologists. We just think you are wrong. Are you one of the people who seriously thought that NU could get out of paying MR's buyout because he did so poorly at NU?
Wrong about what?

Nebraska will reduce their payout to Riley by more than the $50k per year he's making per the contract.

Wrong about what?

Nebraska will reduce their payout to Riley by more than the $50k per year he's making per the contract.

That NU was going to lose Millions over this. At least I think that is what he was saying when he wasn't telling those that disagreed how average they are and how little common sense they have. I think it is telling that OWH and LJS haven't written anything about this since breaking the story over a week ago. I think they would be all over it. My guess is that NU and MR (and maybe OSU) discussed this and it was worked out before it was announced. I'm sure NU will pursue if they believe they it violated the contract. I'm not a lawyer but a few on HM are (Basil). But, apparently, some think they are.

Last edited:
That NU was going to lose Millions over this. At least I think that is what he was saying when he wasn't telling those that disagreed how average they are and how little common sense they have. I think it is telling that OWH and LJS haven't written anything about this since breaking the story over a week ago. I think they would be all over it. My guess is that NU and MR (and maybe OSU) discussed this and it was worked out before it was announced. I'm sure NU will pursue if they believe they it violated the contract. I'm not a lawyer but a few on HM are (Basil). But, apparently, some think they are.
Dude..That is unfair. You and others have decided to be stuck on the word Millions" OK, as I stated before i was wrong about MILLIONS...Geeze. It just blows my mind that you can show someone actual numbers, and they still want to argue. The dude makes 50k a year. You do not find that strange. I do not care who is not reporting it, does not mean that it did not happen. MY GAWD, how hard is this to explain? As far as some on here being Lawyers? Well you do not need to be a lawyer to read numbers. Unbeliveable

Dude..That is unfair. You and others have decided to be stuck on the word Millions" OK, as I stated before i was wrong about MILLIONS...Geeze. It just blows my mind that you can show someone actual numbers, and they still want to argue. The dude makes 50k a year. You do not find that strange. I do not care who is not reporting it, does not mean that it did not happen. MY GAWD, how hard is this to explain? As far as some on here being Lawyers? Well you do not need to be a lawyer to read numbers. Unbeliveable

18215485412_f13b7a17d0_o.jpg

C

Couldnt we have just burned mr at the stake, and be done. Probably not. Some posters would either say the flame was not hot enough or we spent too much on the stake. He was as classy as could be when he was terminated. Too bad some posters cant be. Not buying him trying to screw the university at all.

What guns?

C
Your convictions that MR did nothing wrong. You and I , and some other posters have a fundamental disagreement on this guy's character. I never bought into the "classy" thing. If you did, then that is fine. Truly it is. I see a dude that is a phony. I am willing to bet, that the HC at OSU now will"step down", and MR will take his place. But I am sure we have a lawyer on here that will tell me why that will not happen.

Your convictions that MR did nothing wrong. You and I , and some other posters have a fundamental disagreement on this guy's character. I never bought into the "classy" thing. If you did, then that is fine. Truly it is. I see a dude that is a phony. I am willing to bet, that the HC at OSU now will"step down", and MR will take his place. But I am sure we have a lawyer on here that will tell me why that will not happen.

I really don't care about MR or his new position, I was just pointing out how the money is not close to what you were asserting. Also you don't know what Moose, NU, and MR might have already worked out. No way in hell he was getting head coach gig.

My math was wrong also. $150k times 3 is $450k not $550K. So if adjusted by $100k to $150k per year ends up being $300k to $450k over the life of the contract. So instead of 6.63 million he would get 6.18 to 6.33 million. Wow, better call Saul.

I also see a phony...

C

Last edited:
I really don't care about MR or his new position, I was just pointing out how the money is not close to what you were asserting. Also you don't know what Moose, NU, and MR might have already worked out. No way in hell he was getting head coach gig.

I also see a phony...

C
Says the man, who has a MR poster on his bedroom wall:Salute:

Says the man, who has a MR poster on his bedroom wall:Salute:

Not sure how you came up with that garbage as I have zero Husker related items on any wall in my house. I only made a post calling out your BS numbers yet you are the one obsessed with MR. Do you charge him rent?

I edited my post to show real numbers as I was wrong when I posted $550K it is only $450k over the life of the contract at most.

C

Not sure how you came up with that garbage as I have zero Husker related items on any wall in my house. I only made a post calling out your BS numbers yet you are the one obsessed with MR. Do you charge him rent?

I edited my post to show real numbers as I was wrong when I posted $550K it is only $450k over the life of the contract at most.

C
Well, since you asked. I was going to charge MR rent, but he told me to send the bill to NU. I did not think that was cool, but he told me that it would be the "classy" thing to do. You agree with that right?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back