• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

6 wins and 14 losses

I am one of those depressing guys but ... it just doesn't feel like we are better this year.

And it has so much less to do with W's and L's and everything to do with are we playing better. The measure of our competition we've played at the moment is not really good.

I'd agree the season started slow + an early stumble... took care of business vs NIU & played poorly in Champaign, but stepping back, I'd offer that tOSU's loaded & an elite team...Puffs are decent, beat a pretty good team in Tempe - that said, we still should've beaten them... Northwestern's defense is pretty solid IMO... heck, they gave up multiple turnover scores, yet only lost by 9 at Wisky (like you said, has less to do with W's & L's).

The offense has been sputtering & it's frustrating, however statistically, 2AM's efficiency & rushing yards/game are nearly equal to last year, with arguably fewer proven offensive standouts to work with around him. Not saying he hasn't struggled, just saying, not many folks are picking up the slack to do their part & its like they're all familiarizing themselves, lots of newbies.

The kicking game seriously concerns me moving forward, but I see a number of challenging close games in our future - hopefully we find a way & continue to prevail. GBR!!

Last edited:

I disagree ... this team right now despite its record just feels worse than the team that finished up last year. Its not about W's/L's as much as are we getting better? Do you think we are better today than we were November 2018?

Every facet of our offensive team is arguably worse than last year. Not one offensive position group is better. Our special teams are completely worse than last year ... and last year they were poor. Fortunately the defense is better, particularly the D-Line.

Do you think we are going to get to 7 wins - you sure Purdue, Maryland and Indiana are wins? Even so, if that happens we will have beaten everyone we should have and not won one game that we shouldn't have (or toss-up games).

I understand why you are negative. We are not better this year versus many aspects of last year's team for reasons already stated in this thread. We lost a host of starters from last year we were not able to replace - with someone better or even on the same level. We actually took several steps back in overall talent and/or experience in many cases. Combine that with the ridiculous turnover (many of which were 4* players), you are left with very little talent and depth in the cupboards to compete for positions. My prediction of a 7-win season way back in April was based on exactly that. Thinking we were going to win the west was always a pipe dream IMHO. People mocked Moos for his 6-win season comment. Well, he looks pretty damned smart right now as he saw everything that had to be done to turn this program around.

With that said, I do think we get to that 7-win mark with a couple of breaks. I do anticipate improvement over the 2nd half of the year as we saw last year.

After literally purging the roster a year ago, we are experiencing a complete rebuild, whether folks want to accept it or not. This is not, and never was UCF for so many reasons.

Last edited:
Agree, but some of this is on the staff. They did a good job tempering expectations for 2018 letting us know how bad things are. However, they came with "dangerous" for the 2019 season so I can't be too mad at people thinking we would have a shot.

The good news is, we still control our own destiny. Get thru this week so we can take a breath.
No, you are right. Sometimes, I wish the staff would temper their enthusiasm in front of the media.

But as I tell my sons...Always use your eyes (first) and not your ears when evaluating a situation. We knew what we had going into this season -- forget the 800 lbs squat stories.

Let's just get a W this week so it busts my season record contest entry!!!!

Last edited:

0-6 at this point last year... understandably Nebraskans would be pissed & upset at being 4-2 at the same point this year -

can't explain why, just grew up there, so it makes total sense. :O O::Biggrin:

0-6 at this point last year... understandably Nebraskans would be pissed & upset at being 4-2 at the same point this year -

6-14. Thesis of this thread. Record of our opponents we have a W with.

This current team isn’t good. It’s not even as good as last years 4-8 team. If those teams played right now ‘18 would beat ‘19 by 2 TDs.

If this team wins the rest of the games it should and loses the games it should it will be 7-5 in a best case scenario.

7-5 is numerically better but it doesn’t feel better.

This current team isn’t good. It’s not even as good as last years 4-8 team. If those teams played right now ‘18 would beat ‘19 by 2 TDs.

If this team wins the rest of the games it should and loses the games it should it will be 7-5 in a best case scenario.

I agree I am not sure we could stay within 20 of last years team in second half of season

Eyeball test this team isn't even close to 2018 Nebraska. I'll take 4-2 and controlling our own destiny to a conference title over 0-6 tho. This is going to be a tough game on Saturday, they have all the momentum in the world and we are limping in to an away game with backups everywhere.

For context

6-14. Thesis of this thread. Record of our opponents we have a W with.

"It doesnt feel" <<<< We are Nebraska fans. We are not snowflakes. Let's move on. It's not about feelings. It's about results.

Last edited:

Sometimes being pissed made it easier to work through chores like scooping grain, snow or manure. ;)

Sometimes being pissed made it easier to work through chores like scooping grain, snow or manure. ;)
very true... heck I remember blowout Devaney wins from my youth where my folks & adults would be fuming & seriously upset if an opponent scored late ...& would complain well into the following week.:Confused: ;)

as for '18 vs. '19 comparisons, I'm gonna try to wait until the end of the season to pass judgement ... & complain :Biggrin:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back