• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

6 wins and 14 losses

"It doesnt feel" <<<< We are Nebraska fans. We are not snowflakes. Let's move on. It's not about feelings. It's about results.
That's not the point and you know it ... the record may be better but this team is not very good. The teams we've beaten have a combined 6-14 record. Right now best case scenario is a 7-5 record with losses to Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa ... and wins against Purdue, Maryland and Indiana ... none of those 3 assumed wins are for sure things at the moment.

If we stub our toe and play poorly that 7-5 can quickly become 6-6 ... or worse.

If we finish 6-6 are you going to say ... the results say we're 2 games better than last year and celebrate :Cheer2: that improvement? A 6-6 even a 7-5 record to me does not hail improvement. It is significantly off of expectations and does not bode well going into next season.

I hope we beat Minnesota and use that to finish the season strong at 8-4 or even 9-3. I am concerned if we lose to Minnesota that 6-6 becomes closer to reality than any of us would like.

I do. I think our 2019 DL and DB is much better than 2018. LBs took a step back in 2019 but we can make up for that. Fisher is developing at a good level IMO.

where do you think we are at with OLBs? i for one, think there's a real problem here that's probaby truly a $5 million a year type decision. recruiting hasn't been anywhere near great thus far, and the one shining star for development seems to be a guy who decided to work alone away from the team.

Last edited:
I don't think we will see much of a dropoff with Vedral compared to what we've seen from Martinez this year. I don't think he will be quite up to 2018 Martinez, but neither is our starter right now.

I again have to laugh when I think back to people writing Vedral off after his game and spring practice performance. Now we have people clamoring for him. Best QB depth in the B1G, we are lucky.

Vedral didn't have a great spring game for sure, but I wasn't one of them. I watched a lot of UCF games when he and Frost were there. They would insert Vedral into games for a series and he played very well. I just shook my head and thought about how Mike Riley and Co didn't want him. He should have been offered at least as an athlete.

Who are the 3 wins - Indiana, Maryland and Purdue?
After tonight, even those 3 games don't look like a win. We may go 5-7!! Sad!:confused::Eek:

What is going on with this team?

Last edited:
Maybe some assistants need to have their schollies pulled?

And then give them aid to find accomodations somewhere else?

Scott Frost and/or Tommie Frazier would have gotten killed out there tonight.

They would have undoubtedly injured themselves tripping over their lineman after they had been knocked on their asses.

Last edited:
I was soo dissapointed in the performance of the Defense. At times it looked like they weren't even giving 50%!

Is the problem the same as the last years that there are some key players aren't buying in? It is sad that we are getting out performed and beaten by teams that don't have the talent we have.

I was soo dissapointed in the performance of the Defense. At times it looked like they weren't even giving 50%!

Is the problem the same as the last years that there are some key players aren't buying in? It is sad that we are getting out performed and beaten by teams that don't have the talent we have.
I’m not defending the defense but our offense does nothing to help the D.

Too many three and outs, no time of possession, constantly losing field position battle.

Every aspect of our offense is poor.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back