• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

500 record

Scott Frost started 2019 at 4-2 and 2021 at 2-1, so that's incorrect. But obviously, it didn't end well.
If we win our next game, we will have done something we haven't don't since 2018. Thats winning two in a row twice in a season . And if we win our next two, making it three straight, since 2016

Well I assume almost no one is thrilled with this season's record but being a glass half full person, SF at no time during his 47 game tenure had a 500 record or better.

I'm thinking we finish with at least 6 wins or more.
If they get six wins, they'll will exceed my expectations. It's do-able, but the offense has to step up.

I am disappointed in the performance of the offense under HCMR.

The lack of playmakers on offense especially at WR is glaring.

The performance of the defense encourages me because it reflects a toughness mentality which I hope gets instilled with the offense eventually. You look at the teams that consistently win … they have very good and very deep lines on both offense and defense.

If we had better more consistent play on the OLine it might give Rhule and Satterfield more flexibility on play calling but I think they’re hamstrung. It will be interesting as the two-deep on the offensive line lists only one senior. Do we run it back again? Even if everyone who can come back does, should MR look to the portal for upgrades?

Well I assume almost no one is thrilled with this season's record but being a glass half full person, SF at no time during his 47 game tenure had a 500 record or better.

I'm thinking we finish with at least 6 wins or more.
Coming into the season, 3-3 going into the bye week wouldn't have surprised me that much. The main surprise was how bad Illinois turned out to be. There is still a reasonable path to six-wins, which I expected as a goal for this year. If we continue to improve, I think we can get there. I know people wanted a quick turnaround, but we are still in decent position to make something happen.

I am disappointed in the performance of the offense under HCMR.

The lack of playmakers on offense especially at WR is glaring.

The performance of the defense encourages me because it reflects a toughness mentality which I hope gets instilled with the offense eventually. You look at the teams that consistently win … they have very good and very deep lines on both offense and defense.

If we had better more consistent play on the OLine it might give Rhule and Satterfield more flexibility on play calling but I think they’re hamstrung. It will be interesting as the two-deep on the offensive line lists only one senior. Do we run it back again? Even if everyone who can come back does, should MR look to the portal for upgrades?
When you think about it, it's kinda crazy how many players on that side of the ball that we were counting on, are no longer with the team, are lost to injury, or have missed significant time due to injury.

The stud tight end
The wide receiver who quit
Garcia Castanada
Proschaska
Sims
Two running backs
Anyone else?

NU's skill positions on O has changed dramatically from mid August. 3 of 4 top WR's injured or quit (I'm guessing we won't see MW for a while), 2 of 3 top RB's out, and QB 1 hasn't panned out, so far. A concerted effort was made to shore up the D through recruiting and portal additions, seems to have worked out brilliantly. I'm expecting the same sort of commitment to improve talent and depth on the O side going forward.

The competition only gets better in the BIG

Let this year play out and get the 6-7 wins

Off season will be Key. Who the coaches are able to bring in to fill the needs will tell the story of future success.

sC, Oregon, Washington UCLA will rob some of the players. It just get harder all around

Last edited:
Many folks thought a bowl game in year 1 for Rhule would have been on pace/ahead of pace. Halfway through the season we’re 3-3 and halfway to that bowl eligibility. I see a team that will likely return 8 starters on defense next year and 8 on offense. If we can just continue to improve on defense and find something on offense, I feel great about the rest of this season and next.

When you think about it, it's kinda crazy how many players on that side of the ball that we were counting on, are no longer with the team, are lost to injury, or have missed significant time due to injury.

The stud tight end
The wide receiver who quit
Garcia Castanada
Proschaska
Sims
Two running backs
Anyone else?
FB, QB

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back