• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim-Delany.jpg

"I like turtles."

Last edited:
Maryland and Rutgers add nothing to the league except the DC. and NYC markets.....i.e. $$$

I can see that point. Maybe they just hastened the inevitable. Better to be steering the ship, than left in it's wake?

Last edited:

I also look at this as a strategic movement. It sort of caps any northern expansion by the SEC. They will have to absorb other ACC schools, or move westward.

2 Things: a) There is more than football (I know I can't believe I said that). Basketball, Soccer, Lacrosse and whatever else.
b) Since we are going to get more money how about lowering the 'required' donation for the right to purchase season tickets.

The more I look at both of those things, I am not even sure why I posted.

Last edited:
I do feel for the Maryland fan though. Doesn't sound like too many are keen on the idea.

Can't really blame them - their football team is 6-17 over the last two years - against ACC competition! We won't have to worry about scheduling non-con creampuffs if we have enough creampuffs within the conference, I guess!

Wait a second...I thought we were adding Maryland's rich football tradition.

:rolfl: Good one, Poyer! :drool:

FYI....I believe that starts in the 2014 season....

Pete Thamel @SIPeteThamel

To clarify for Nebraska fans. MD not full share right away. They are getting some interest free loans to pay back in later yrs.

Bart Hubbuch @HubbuchNYP
Considering it’s flat broke, Rutgers getting rescued by the Big Ten has to be one of the biggest upsets of all time.

So, we better get our full share SOONER now, right? We are still not a full member of the BIG based on revenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back