• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 4-star QB Tristan Gebbia is 'N'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calm down. So far, neither has shown the ability to lead the Huskers anywhere. Still too early.

It's a damn recruiting forum. There is nothing wrong with being excited about recruits here. That's kind of the point of it all. Lighten up.

Calm down. So far, neither has shown the ability to lead the Huskers anywhere. Still too early.

OTOH>>>You might show at least some level of enthusiasm vs. downplaying every step forward with a
attachment.php
comment.

Attachments

• eeyore.jpg
    eeyore.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

Sure. But that is what recruiting is. Potential and HOPE.

You aren't excited about it... I am. And that is fair. Not going to have a defeatist attitude about what looks like the start of a really good class. Having two of the best "PERCEIVED" (which is what recruiting is!) talents out of the state of Cali in back to back years is something to be excited about in my eyes.

http://www.1620thezone.com/UnsportsmanlikeConductPodcasts.aspx

- Segment 4 from yesterday is how I feel. I get peoples skepticism - I really do. People will always be very quick to point out the Cody Greens and the Stantons from years past. But not going to let it stop me from being excited about the potential of THESE players. Not every player is going to work out, that is a fact and I get that. But stockpiling players like these guys increases the CHANCES that we have a good one on our team.

If it is ALWAYS all about results and every player is the same to you until they show something then I have a hard time understanding why you post on the recruiting board in the first place.

- Also just a guess here. But I imagine you would have been a lot quicker to get on the recruiting board had Gebbia committed to Ole Miss on Monday....

Last edited:
class and character coming out of Calabasas

I have no idea how you got character out of that?

2 things I saw in the video I liked.

1) Good footwork in the pocket

2) Very good accuracy. Balls consistently hitting receivers hands in stride. That's an additional 5-10 YAC bonus. It's all relative.

Last edited:

Sure. But that is what recruiting is. Potential and HOPE.

You aren't excited about it... I am. And that is fair. Not going to have a defeatist attitude about what looks like the start of a really good class. Having two of the best "PERCEIVED" (which is what recruiting is!) talents out of the state of Cali in back to back years is something to be excited about in my eyes.

http://www.1620thezone.com/UnsportsmanlikeConductPodcasts.aspx

- Segment 4 from yesterday is how I feel. I get peoples skepticism - I really do. People will always be very quick to point out the Cody Greens and the Stantons from years past. But not going to let it stop me from being excited about the potential of THESE players. Not every player is going to work out, that is a fact and I get that. But stockpiling players like these guys increases the CHANCES that we have a good one on our team.

If it is ALWAYS all about results and every player is the same to you until they show something then I have a hard time understanding why you post on the recruiting board in the first place.

- Also just a guess here. But I imagine you would have been a lot quicker to get on the recruiting board had Gebbia committed to Ole Miss on Monday....

And why does he take such a strong stance on Nebraska getting more four and five star kids? He dismisses their potential when they commit and takes a "Show Me" stance. So why even care what they are rated if he doesn't care until they prove their worth? Can't have it both ways.

Fun times ahead for sure.

I said that in the calmest type I could as not to upset Socal

I guess I am of this vein:

Nothing that Alabama does is groundbreaking or innovative. They just have better players than anyone else. I would say that what Urban Meyer does is more innovative, but also run by superior athletes. What Harbaugh does is not rocket science, but he gets very, very good players to run it efficiently. The systems they have are not amazing, and if they had sub par athletes, they would probably not win like they do.

Mike Riley is relatively innovative in his approach, but also has a lot of old school standards to how he views the game. If he gets better athletes than most of his opponents, he will most likely win more games. He has shown he can beat teams that are vastly more talented than him before. Like all of those teams, he has lost to teams that have less talent for sure. I would say he did about four times last year. The deal is, when was the last time you saw Nick Saban beat a team that was far superior to his athletically? Every loss he has had at Alabama has been to a less athletic team.

So for my money, better athletes don't guarantee undefeated seasons, but they do guarantee better seasons overall. If our recruiting gets better and we are in the top ten in recruiting year in and out, then we will probably finish in the top ten in rankings year in and year out. If we are in the top 11 - 25, we will probably finish there, but occasionally slide in to that top ten. If we are getting players in the 26-50 range, we will probably not consistently win games.

The better this class is the better our future looks. That gets me excited. If Nebraska has five 4* or greater players before this summer, then I imagine they will have a very good class and will win a lot of games in two or three years.

That is how it works, at least in my mind. So we should always be excited about quality players coming. Every single one makes the coaches jobs easier. Regardless of who those coaches are.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back