• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4-Star 2019 CB Quinton Newsome out of Suwanee, GA is N

I'd rather you found it because what you're saying doesn't make any sense.
It was posted back in October when the decommit became public. There is a fairly extensive discussion that you can find pretty easily, with several references to the April reference on the Husker Online free board. Search "Bookie decommit" and you can find it.

MR could attract great talent but he and his staff took decent OL talent and made them look embarrassing. We had to show him the door.
You are correct... Should not have been hired in the first place.

At the risk of inciting a riot, please list some of the "great talent" that Mike Riley attracted. Spielman. (who his staff had to talk him into). Lamar Jackson? O'Brien? Barry? Morgan and the Davis twins weren't Riley recruits. Which Riley recruits were on pace to make all conference teams?

Last edited:
You are off to a bad start. Wow. Just wow.
Let's see, a poster makes a snarky response to an accurate post I made (Bookie did state that he was a commit through April), apparently irritated that I'd dare to doubt that Bookie or any of the other early commits to the Riley class would even consider decommitting had Mike Riley been retained. Weird. Had Mike never lost a commit in the past? Well, of course he had. I respond back and I'm somehow off to a "bad start"??? Maybe you offend easily?

Regardless, thanks for your concern. I think I'll somehow be okay... It's okay for anyone here to have the opinion that Mike Riley was some sort of recruiting marvel. Scoreboard, depth chart, and actual results say otherwise. It's okay for people to think that he'd eventually produce championship results on the field. It's also okay for others to have the opposite opinion. I think that's what message boards are for.

Let's see, a poster makes a snarky response to an accurate post I made (Bookie did state that he was a commit through April), apparently irritated that I'd dare to doubt that Bookie or any of the other early commits to the Riley class would even consider decommitting had Mike Riley been retained. Weird. Had Mike never lost a commit in the past? Well, of course he had. I respond back and I'm somehow off to a "bad start"??? Maybe you offend easily?

Regardless, thanks for your concern. I think I'll somehow be okay... It's okay for anyone here to have the opinion that Mike Riley was some sort of recruiting marvel. Scoreboard, depth chart, and actual results say otherwise. It's okay for people to think that he'd eventually produce championship results on the field. It's also okay for others to have the opposite opinion. I think that's what message boards are for.
I wonder if Bookie liked Riley enough not to publicly decommit until the end. One of few things Riley had going to him to be retained was some of the recruits supposedly wanting to come here.

You are correct... Should not have been hired in the first place.

At the risk of inciting a riot, please list some of the "great talent" that Mike Riley attracted. Spielman. (who his staff had to talk him into). Lamar Jackson? O'Brien? Barry? Morgan and the Davis twins weren't Riley recruits. Which Riley recruits were on pace to make all conference teams?

Bookie for starters. Tyjon Lindsey. Our 1st string QB battle involves Tristan Gebbia, an MR recruit. We have I believe a couple of 4* (rated at the time) WRs courtesy of MR. When I say 'attracted great talent' I'm referring to some 4* rated guys that committed and either stuck around or backed out around the time MR was shown the door.

I don't think I need to lay it all out for you. If you tuned into Husker football at all the past couple years then I wouldn't need to lay out all this. There are enough Husker experts on here who can provide plenty of info to back me up on this. As has been said to me before but probably with more courtesy than here, I will pass along to you :
Try to avoid asking the "prove to me" questions that make it look like you just got off the boat.

Last edited:
He wasn't misquoted. Hard to be misquoted when it was part of his tweet.
Well, then he made a mistake. I'll just say you are wrong. He committed in April and you claim that is the same month that he said he no longer considered himself a commit. I'm not going to argue this. I suggest you go dig up the thread from many months ago in which it was already discussed. Sorry that you are late to the game.

I wonder if Bookie liked Riley enough not to publicly decommit until the end. One of few things Riley had going to him to be retained was some of the recruits supposedly wanting to come here.
Bookie is/was buddies with the 4* RB Pledger on the OU team. Pledger committed to OU somewhere around the time that Bookie made the Commit N video. Maybe Pledger finally convinced him during the 2017 season that he needed to switch over to OU. Likely this did happen, but exactly when did Pledger convince him to flip is a mystery.

No one argued that if MR had been retained, that some of that talent would have come here. The point was that if the team had performed well last year, and the ship was headed in the right direction, and MR was on solid ground, that some of that talent would have been headed to Lincoln. And that's a fact.

Like I said, in the end...4-8 did the program a big favor. And BTW...the MR argument has been over for about a year now. :thumbsup:

Lol, it was the part about Riley being retained, and had he NU would win 11 games. You couldn’t be farther off base. Dude shouldn’t have been hired much less retained.

Actually, if we had only retained Mike Riley, they were all coming here. Probably half a dozen more 4-5 stars. That's how Mike rolled. Absolutely heartbreaking he's gone - - we'd probably win 11 games or more this year.
Yep, they all would have come here and not needed any coaching at all. They were game ready the day they walked onto campus! At least they sure needed to be! Because they weren’t going to get any better that’s for sure. Hahaha!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back