• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4* QB MJ Morris Morris Commiting 3 June

One high school, second will be a transfer when/if Martinez leaves.

What do you think the odds are that Martinez comes back in '22?

There's no way he's an NFL prospect at this point. Even if he has a year where he throws for 3,000 yards with 25 TDs and only 5 INT. After watching tons of tape of the top QBs in this past draft, holy crap was I reminded of how many light years away Martinez is from getting drafted. Even with a monster year, scouts are going to watch his tape from his sophomore and junior years and be put off. He has a LOT to fix and improve on before he has a viable shot at a pro career...

Which leads me to the possibility of him transferring. If Nebraska has a subpar year where the offense squeaks by enough to give them a 5-7, 6-6, sort of season, I could definitely see him transferring for his last season of eligibility. "Who needs another year of this?"

On the other hand, if the offense can score 30-35, he has his best season yet, and the team is a solid 7-5, 8-4, with basically everyone back besides Toure' in '22, I think he'd come back. I think he'd need to feel like there was some major momentum offensively and with the team in general, otherwise I don't think he'd want to put up with another year of scrutiny.

There's no way he's an NFL prospect at this point. Even if he has a year where he throws for 3,000 yards with 25 TDs and only 5 INT. After watching tons of tape of the top QBs in this past draft, holy crap was I reminded of how many light years away Martinez is from getting drafted. Even with a monster year, scouts are going to watch his tape from his sophomore and junior years and be put off. He has a LOT to fix and improve on before he has a viable shot at a pro career...

Which leads me to the possibility of him transferring. If Nebraska has a subpar year where the offense squeaks by enough to give them a 5-7, 6-6, sort of season, I could definitely see him transferring for his last season of eligibility. "Who needs another year of this?"

On the other hand, if the offense can score 30-35, he has his best season yet, and the team is a solid 7-5, 8-4, with basically everyone back besides Toure' in '22, I think he'd come back. I think he'd need to feel like there was some major momentum offensively and with the team in general, otherwise I don't think he'd want to put up with another year of scrutiny.
Us going 5-7 and him transferring away would be like me blowing up your bathroom and then leaving because your house smells like ****

Last edited by a moderator:

Us going 5-7 and him transferring away would be like me blowing up your bathroom and then leaving because your house smells like ****.

Whether we go 5-7 or 8-4 it will be because to Martinez, IMO

Come on guys this is NOT a thread on Martinez take it elsewhere.

I;m tried of these threads getting hijacked

Folks come looking for information on the OP

Oh and please stop trying to beat the word filter.

Thanks

RR

Last edited:

I had said in another thread if you need five years as a starter to prove you’re NFL ready you probably aren’t an NFL guy. I also wonder if our staff would just move on if he has another season that makes it so we don’t get to a bowl game?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back