• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4* QB MJ Morris Morris Commiting 3 June

From GA so having several young men from there would help

FSU with 2 QBs I would think is off the table with home state GA Tech and UNC the competition. Mack Brown is a great recruiter/closer so far from a given as distance not in our favor IF he wants to stay closer to home

Last visit has its perks though

Hopefully we can land him and get him peer recruiting

*NC State

From GA so having several young men from there would help

FSU with 2 QBs I would think is off the table with home state GA Tech and UNC the competition. Mack Brown is a great recruiter/closer so far from a given as distance not in our favor IF he wants to stay closer to home

Last visit has its perks though

Hopefully we can land him and get him peer recruiting
Despite what others have said, I think it's NC State, not UNC. Don't have to worry about going against McCaffrey for a quarterback again.

Last edited:

I'm going to be real curious if some of the kids wait to pull the trigger until after they get an official or two in, or if some just go ahead and commit.

I like this kid and we are probably pushing him to be our class QB before official visits come around.

Haven't checked his film as of yet. I understand he is a 4* (so was Smothers), but has anyone evaluated this kid? Is he a project like Smothers and Mac or more fundamentally sound?

Haven't checked his film as of yet. I understand he is a 4* (so was Smothers), but has anyone evaluated this kid? Is he a project like Smothers and Mac or more fundamentally sound?
Just a question, no judging or anything..

If star ratings are basically Jesus in today's college football world, why is 4* Smothers such a 'project?'

Just a question, no judging or anything..

If star ratings are basically Jesus in today's college football world, why is 4* Smothers such a 'project?'
Most coaches don't see stars as the key. They evaluate film. This is LM's second year in the program....some kids never get a look until year 4. He's athletic enough to be on the field but his arm may hold him back. Time will tell but kids can get better.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back