• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

4* OL Grant Brix Update Visiting For Iowa Game/On Commitment Watch

Has he committed yet? Said he was going to before his season, his season is over and still no commit and is traveling back and forth to his favorites a lot. Nothing wrong with it, kids like attention, and if it really helps to make his decision fine. IMO, it appears he is enjoying the process, which is fine. No knock on him, lighten up Sker. :thumbsup:
The way I read it is he doesn't like the process. He is not a social media attention grabber, doesn't enjoy talking to the recruiting guys that call him all the time, and just wants to go about his business and make the decision when he is 100% sure on his timeline. Doing low key visits to the schools you are considering is not always an attempt at getting attention, sometimes it is just because they are not sure yet.

I do wish i could lighten up but all the food at Thanksgiving is so good!

3. Grant Brix is starting to feel like he's heading to Oklahoma.​

Gorney’s take: FICTION. Oklahoma can absolutely land Grant Brix and I wouldn’t be surprised one bit, but it seems whichever program gets the last visit here could end up getting the four-star offensive lineman.

Distance could be part of the situation here with Nebraska only 90 minutes away and the Huskers’ coaching staff rolling out the red carpet each time he visits. But Brix keeps getting pulled back to Oklahoma and loving it there. The four-star will probably take a visit to Kansas State but this really feels like a two-team race.

Because it’s still a two-team race and Brix cannot make up his mind being torn between the Sooners and Huskers, I can still see this one going either way.

Drumm’s take: FACT. Brix’s recruitment has been very back and forth since June and in that sense not much has changed, though, I would argue Nebraska went from a shoe-in to now trailing Oklahoma at this juncture.

Oklahoma once again made a huge impression on Brix and his family (father visited with him this past weekend). Commits like four-star DB Michael Boganowski and four-star QB
Michael Hawkins led the charge for the Sooners. That said, the location of Norman – being in OKC metro and seven hours away from Brix’s hometown – has been the Sooners’ biggest deterrent so far. Same with Kansas State, which is likely hosting Brix soon as well.

On the flip side, location has been the biggest help for the Nebraska Cornhuskers. Still, I have a FutureCast for Oklahoma when it comes to Brix, and I continue to feel that’s where he will eventually end up if they can convince others in his family the distance isn’t that big of a deal. And outside of that, OU has what the four-star OL is looking for in a program, with his affinity for how Bill Bedenbaugh develops OL only growing stronger since Brix first visited OU last spring.

Again, it’s far from over but it seems the Sooners have continued to weather the blows Nebraska and Kansas State have thrown their way up to this point.

Last edited:

3. Grant Brix is starting to feel like he's heading to Oklahoma.​

Gorney’s take: FICTION. Oklahoma can absolutely land Grant Brix and I wouldn’t be surprised one bit, but it seems whichever program gets the last visit here could end up getting the four-star offensive lineman.

Distance could be part of the situation here with Nebraska only 90 minutes away and the Huskers’ coaching staff rolling out the red carpet each time he visits. But Brix keeps getting pulled back to Oklahoma and loving it there. The four-star will probably take a visit to Kansas State but this really feels like a two-team race.

Because it’s still a two-team race and Brix cannot make up his mind being torn between the Sooners and Huskers, I can still see this one going either way.

Drumm’s take: FACT. Brix’s recruitment has been very back and forth since June and in that sense not much has changed, though, I would argue Nebraska went from a shoe-in to now trailing Oklahoma at this juncture.

Oklahoma once again made a huge impression on Brix and his family (father visited with him this past weekend). Commits like four-star DB Michael Boganowski and four-star QB
Michael Hawkins led the charge for the Sooners. That said, the location of Norman – being in OKC metro and seven hours away from Brix’s hometown – has been the Sooners’ biggest deterrent so far. Same with Kansas State, which is likely hosting Brix soon as well.

On the flip side, location has been the biggest help for the Nebraska Cornhuskers. Still, I have a FutureCast for Oklahoma when it comes to Brix, and I continue to feel that’s where he will eventually end up if they can convince others in his family the distance isn’t that big of a deal. And outside of that, OU has what the four-star OL is looking for in a program, with his affinity for how Bill Bedenbaugh develops OL only growing stronger since Brix first visited OU last spring.

Again, it’s far from over but it seems the Sooners have continued to weather the blows Nebraska and Kansas State have thrown their way up to this point.

He's right. Location location location.

I was talking about Wiltfong. There is still a month left for him to change his mind.
I know, and Wiltfong probably will. Just seems new visit to Brixs finalists is announced more than CB predictions. This is a 40 page thread now, bet it makes it to over 50 :Lol:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back