• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 4* Husker Target Aaron Bailey Commits To Illini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Although, I'm sure the staff wasn't happy about this decision, their actions have shown that they are not left with their pants down, they have just offered the young man from Louisiana D. Williams, I think his name is.

Anyone have any info on the two pro-style QBs we offered early in Travis Wright and Brayden Scott?

Havent heard much on Wright. Brayden Scott will be camping at NU this summer. He doesnt have an offer yet, but I wouldnt be surprised to see on soon. Some of the trips he is interested in are Arizona State, Alabama, Florida State, Purdue, Tennessee, Memphis. I hope we offer soon because I think Oklahoma will be moving in on him.

Disappointed he chose UI over us, but all the best to him. He probably has a much easier road to obtain some PT as opposed to here.

Remember everyone, we are not even into these guy's SENIOR years and I am sure there will be some 3*'s that emerge to become 4*'s and some 4*'s that go the other way. Lets wait for the sour grapes and dissention until after NEXT February :)

Last edited:
The sky is falling the sky is falling. Good greif some of you on here are just like little school girls that have been dumped by their boyfriends. Any of you who feel this staff is the reason please go root for another team. Go B1G Red. :cry:

I agree with you. Whenever news like this comes out I could just about guess word for word what will posted by the "sky is falling people".

Armstrong is the QB of the future in my opinion....and who ever comes in is going have a dog fight to get any playing time....I think Tommie is that good....and that will scare kids off too....some kids just don't want to compete....not saying Bailey is like that...but its the way it is....they want early playing time and want it handed to them....

We will get a good QB recruit....there are a ton out there....we got Armstrong who was under the radar....keep the faith...:)

I might be concerned if it was January and we didn't have a prospect the caliber of Armstrong coming to town. Would have loved to have seen him N, just wasn't meant to be.

I say forget that! Stay on him, Illinois is in some trouble; I don't think they will be very good for a few years to come and even then they are looking at a slightly higher than .500 season. New coaches, inconsistent offense, and their defense is set to lose most of its talent after this year.

We can bank on the fact that a QB hasn't emerged as a viable back up or replacement for TM and he could come in for playing time right away. I don't buy that staying close to home brand, Lincoln isn't that far away to where your parents can't come see home games or to where you can't go home for a weekend. I think something scared him outside of proximity.

We have some good QB's and I don't think there is anything wrong with taking a risk on somebody with all of the schollie's they have this year. It's odd that he was so high on the Huskers and then commits before summer even starts. Does anyone know if he attended their spring game? Did his commit come after a visit?

Armstrong is the QB of the future in my opinion....and who ever comes in is going have a dog fight to get any playing time....I think Tommie is that good....and that will scare kids off too....some kids just don't want to compete....not saying Bailey is like that...but its the way it is....they want early playing time and want it handed to them....

We will get a good QB recruit....there are a ton out there....we got Armstrong who was under the radar....keep the faith...:)

I agree Tommy will be the next Husker QB.. can't wait. We will get a solid QB in the next class IMO

IMPO Nebraska should really amp up their push for Brayden Scott. I know Beck wants the athletic threat in his QBs, but Scott is a really good looking prospect although he is not the athlete or threat running the ball like his other top targets.

Honestly I thought Nebraska would get either Malik Zaire or Aaron Bailey to be their QB of the '13 class. Surprised they missed out on both of them. Like Red Reign and others have said, it is far from panic time though.

How so? Isn't recruiting essentially a 24x7x365 job? Especially for the most important position on the team. To me, it would seem that to make certain we recruit the best possible QB for our offense that all of the coaches would be working their butts off to make that happen. I assume they are doing that.

Work their butts off to overcome it? Your a bit dramatic

How so? Isn't recruiting essentially a 24x7x365 job? Especially for the most important position on the team. To me, it would seem that to make certain we recruit the best possible QB for our offense that all of the coaches would be working their butts off to make that happen. I assume they are doing that.

I'm guessing that they are working their butts off... but 24/7/365 wow this is really not that life or death as you make it seem. We will get another QB, remember Todd Reesing under Becks system at Kansas? He was not a super high rated QB and low and behold he became a really good QB in their system, we will find the same kind of Guy if not better to run our system just fine. Keep the faith. GBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back