• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 4* Husker Target Aaron Bailey Commits To Illini

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to suggest my daughters HS QB but he just committed to Mizzou this week...

http://247sports.com/Player/Trent-Hosick-16766

I'll be darned, I didn't know you were from Staley.

As for Hosick, yeah - Missouri bound. Him and Nick Ramirez (Husker target at LB, 4*) committed not far apart from one another and really got that fanbase pumped. They're pretty excited to see in-state talent staying close.

Yup my daughter is pretty good friends with Morgan Steward too who signed with MO for this years class. It will be interesting to see how well Trent does next year without Morgan. Let's just say I think it's a good thing he already got his commitment in. I think Staley is going to miss Steward a bunch.

Beckman Gets His Man In Bailey

Player Profile

First off, I apologize for toting this one as 'in the bag.' I was clearly mistaken, and I'm still surprised at this one. He states in the article that he chose Illinois over his other finalist, Nebraska. With Ohio State and Wisconsin out of contention, I simply thought we had it. Apparently, the pull to stay in-state and be the face of the home university was strong.

All crow-eating aside, congratulations to Bailey on his commitment. Though I hate it, I think he'll do well there in that offense. Scheelhaase has had a great deal of success, and I think Bailey can too.

As for where Nebraska goes from here? Well, we'll cover that soon - but not tonight. I'm still ticked. :lol:

This is early days in the recruitment process, but I like that the coaching staff is targeting top level players. Hopefully, we can grab most of them............

Let's not try to rationalize this away with an "Oh well, whatever." We wanted Bailey, and we didn't get him. This is bad news. The coaching staff needs to be working the phones like crazy and booking flights to wherever there is a QB that fits our offense.

Its way early....no need to go into panic mode....alot of time left until signing day....there are alot of kids still out there....

This one is not all on the coaching staff....trust me on that....and that is all I will say.....

Distance as I suggested above played big into to this in the end....but the staff did everything right in this recruitment....

This coaching staff has done a great job on the recruitng trail this year....its only late April and we have 5 four star recruits....

Let's not try to rationalize this away with an "Oh well, whatever." We wanted Bailey, and we didn't get him. This is bad news. The coaching staff needs to be working the phones like crazy and booking flights to wherever there is a QB that fits our offense.

I'm not panicking. Just pointing out the facts of the situation. We wanted Bailey. We didn't get him. So we have to go after someone else. It is a setback, and so the coaching staff will need to work their behinds off to overcome it. Some of the best QB's are already committed, however.

Its way early....no need to go into panic mode....alot of time left until signing day....there are alot of kids still out there....

This one is not all on the coaching staff....trust me on that....and that is all I will say.....

Distance as I suggested above played big into to this in the end....but the staff did everything right in this recruitment....

This coaching staff has done a great job on the recruitng trail this year....its only late April and we have 5 four star recruits....

The staff is not real happy either....for obvious reasons....

Time to move on....I think he made a mistake....but its his choice and close to home...best of luck to him....

Beckman Gets His Man In Bailey

Player Profile

First off, I apologize for toting this one as 'in the bag.' I was clearly mistaken, and I'm still surprised at this one. He states in the article that he chose Illinois over his other finalist, Nebraska. With Ohio State and Wisconsin out of contention, I simply thought we had it. Apparently, the pull to stay in-state and be the face of the home university was strong.

All crow-eating aside, congratulations to Bailey on his commitment. Though I hate it, I think he'll do well there in that offense. Scheelhaase has had a great deal of success, and I think Bailey can too.

As for where Nebraska goes from here? Well, we'll cover that soon - but not tonight. I'm still ticked. :lol:

Its late April....there are no facts that early....and no its not a huge setback...we will be fine....

Look we got Armstrong last year and he was way under the radar....

Work their butts off to overcome it? Your a bit dramatic.....its late April.....there are allot of QBs still out there....

Like i said the staff is not at fault on this one....and like I said that is all I will say...

We have been through this before the sky is not falling....we will be fine....

I'm not panicking. Just pointing out the facts of the situation. We wanted Bailey. We didn't get him. So we have to go after someone else. It is a setback, and so the coaching staff will need to work their behinds off to overcome it. Some of the best QB's are already committed, however.

The staff is not real happy either....for obvious reasons....

Time to move on....I think he made a mistake....but its his choice and close to home...best of luck to him....

I know you're not going to go into specifics, but does that bolded portion mean you know the staff considered him a silent commit?

With this new info, do you think we're still looking to take 2 QB's as was discussed on the D Williams thread or was that more of a, "this guy's too good of an athlete to pass up even though we got Bailey? I don't think we HAVE to take 2 QB's in this class, but I definitely wouldn't be adverse to it

BTBR- Feel free to chime in if you have thoughts or insight, I just didn't want to ask you directly since I don't know exactly what stage of grief you're in and I don't want to be the one that pushed you over the edge... :lol:

The sky is falling the sky is falling. Good greif some of you on here are just like little school girls that have been dumped by their boyfriends. Any of you who feel this staff is the reason please go root for another team. Go B1G Red. :cry:

The sky is falling the sky is falling. Good greif some of you on here are just like little school girls that have been dumped by their boyfriends. Any of you who feel this staff is the reason please go root for another team. Go B1G Red. :cry:

And there's the "go root for another team request".....I was wondering when that post will show up in a thread.....:lol:

Although, I'm sure the staff wasn't happy about this decision, their actions have shown that they are not left with their pants down, they have just offered the young man from Louisiana D. Williams, I think his name is.

Anyone have any info on the two pro-style QBs we offered early in Travis Wright and Brayden Scott?

Last edited:

And there's the "go root for another team request".....I was wondering when that post will show up in a thread.....:lol:

Yeah, it's really sad that people aren't allowed to express their opinions here sometimes without being told to go root for another team. I guess some people are just better fans than others because they act a certain way :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back