• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 31% Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the Pac12 is all that tough, has a couple teams that are good, rest are mediocre.

10%. We have a ton of starters/key backups out....both 1 and 2 Centers, Roach, Cross, etc. I am hoping for an upset but I am thinking an easy USC victory.

But I like crow!!!!;)

10%. We have a ton of starters/key backups out....both 1 and 2 Centers, Roach, Cross, etc. I am hoping for an upset but I am thinking an easy USC victory.

But I like crow!!!!;)

Exactly my thinking. We are currently about as banged up as we've been all season. Maybe more so. The offensive line is ultra-thin.

And we really haven't faced a capable passing offense in forever. Miami, maybe -- but that was with a kid playing in his 3rd ever collegiate game (and he still performed quite well against us). If we get behind to the point of being forced to pass, look out. The key will be keeping it close and as low-scoring as possible.

And yes, none of that is taking into account we really don't know the level of motivation for our team. And that includes the assistants, all but one who is gone and some already with other places of employment.

Heck, maybe the Huskers will come out on fire and perform as well as they have since Miami -- because that's about what it will take. USC is nothing special -- and beatable -- but we haven't beaten a team near their level since Miami.

Best hope is: USC takes us lightly.

Last edited:

I don't think the Pac12 is all that tough, has a couple teams that are good, rest are mediocre.

I'd probably rank USC compared to our other competition as this:

Michigan State
Wisconsin
USC
Minnesota
Miami

Maybe you could flip USC and Minnesota -- regardless, point is, we haven't beaten a team equal to or better than USC all season.

yee of lil faith on this Christmas eve. pops says it's a easy husker win and a easy Husker win it will be.

Merry Christmas yee of lil faith...merry Christmas indeed

Last edited:
I think it's gonna be an excellent game myself. People are forgetting this is a gritty team, these boys are showing up to compete in my estimation. They didn't break their humps all year just to come out and go through the motions. I think special teams is gonna be huge for us. If we can capitalize on field position I like our chances.

Any pro prospect who goes out and plays anything but full throttle is only gonna "hurt" his draft stock not improve it. And if it's noticeable the coaches should bench him for someone who wants to play. IMO.

If I see a full house blitz and a tight end pass, I'll call it a win!

I don't think the game is going to be all that close, one way or the other. I could see us playing a motivated, inspired game throughout, and I could see us collapsing at the first sign of adversity. It's just really hard to say how the team is going to handle all of the emotion and turmoil of the last few weeks.

yee of lil faith on this Christmas eve. pops says it's a easy husker win and a easy Husker win it will be.

Merry Christmas yee of lil faith...merry Christmas indeed

Very valid points CH. I do think some of us as fans tend to over-handicap the HUSKERS games and in doing so, we lose sight of the motivation and inspired aspect of the team. There's no doubt in my mind if the HUSKERS play up to their potential, they could win this game by two or more tds. The trouble has been they haven't done that nearly enough this season.

I'm with you Pops, lol. GO BIG RED,,,

Last edited:

My head says that USC wins in a romp.

That being said, NU is dangerous bc they have nothing to lose. This is an audition for every questionable hire Pelini made. These guys have their opportunity to shine and I hope they make the most of it.

We will learn a lot about Pelini and his assistants, win or lose on Saturday.

GBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back