• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 31% Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probably about right. Surprised it isn't higher to be honest.

I would put it closer to 60 for USC. It's all on our defense as I am confident the offense will put some points on the board. Our secondary will be the key as well as how much time we give them to pass.

Home game, not as much distraction....seems about right. Also seem like the perfect time for the upset

I am afraid the Huskers might end up just going through the motions with this game. The seniors may play with their main goal being to avoid injury, especially the ones who think they are pro prospects.

My guess is that team morale is low right now. They are upset because they recently lost their head coach. On top of that, they have a rat in their ranks. One of their teammates ratted Bo out by releasing a recording of a members-only meeting to the press. I'd say there is a good deal mistrust, finger pointing, suspicion, angst, and side-taking amongst the players right now. Plus, since the coaches will be unemployed after this game, there must be some lack of focus (job hunting) and morale issues there as well.

I certainly could be wrong, but I do not expect an inspired effort by the Huskers this time out. If that is the case, this game could be over by halftime. Hope I am wrong. We'll see.

I will give USC an 80% chance of winning this one. Will this team go out and win one for the Boper? Maybe. Win one for the Cottoner? Nope. For Eichorster? Nope. Win one for themselves? sure, but with what level of desire and unity of effort? Will everbody be all in?

I suspect there will be a number of Husker players looking out for their own interests this Saturday moreso than team goals.

Last edited:
I don't think the game is going to be all that close, one way or the other. I could see us playing a motivated, inspired game throughout, and I could see us collapsing at the first sign of adversity. It's just really hard to say how the team is going to handle all of the emotion and turmoil of the last few weeks.

We have young players auditioning for starting roles next year and lame duck coaches auditioning for jobs. This should be enough motivation, you would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back