• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

3 star DB Lardarius Webb Jr is N (Son of 8 Year Raven's NFL DB Lardarius Webb)

• Thread starter Deleted member 3889
  • Start date

Ah yeah....

Has NFL bloodline with dad having played for the Ravens for 8 years coming out of little Nichols State out of Louisiana...

In a small class they would not have taken him if they did not think he was the real deal. Cannot afford any reaches in a small class.
Let me be clear. My comment was not meant as a negative. I was just saying that with no other teams offering and him not yet being rated. It is difficult to say much one way or the other. As far as his dad playing in the NFL a positive but not always a definitive indicator. (cough cough KJJ cough cough)

Thus the lack of information leads me to say I just have to trust the coaches. Which I do.

Stars are often tell tale so don't dismiss them so easily

This year is different with no camps etc to evaluate kids the services are scrambling. So a kid like this gets lost in the shuffle
I, in my limited capacity, thought that stars are often linked to camps and invites as part of the ratings. Rather have a 4 star after 4 years of college then before.

Oh and Fisher and his dad played together with the Ravens so he has known them for awhile. Not a kid who just popped up on his radar

Also his transfering from a school in AL to MS played into his lack of evaluation by the services too. Which is not unheard of.

I suspect your going to see the services scramble and rate him in the next week or two now he is on their radar.

To dismiss this kid in kind as a few have done as a 'reach' is wrong

Last edited:

We will see on this one. I wouldn't pick a kid because his dad played in the NFL...that's high school thinking (dad was a star so jr. will be a star). If he's shown the speed, instinct and athletic ability to go along with that desire then bring him in. Doesn't sound like he's afraid of hard work and certainly has ambition. He might just be the real deal.

Oh and Fisher and his dad played together with the Ravens so he has known them for awhile. Not a kid who just popped up on his radar
Serious question since you brought it up. Is there a chance that Fisher opinion may be colored because he knows the family? So might he pass on guys with similar stats that were not his friends son?

BTW that is not necessarily a negative. If you know he is a kid who will keep his nose clean and work hard because you have known him since he was 5 or whatever. That can naturally heighten your opinion.

Serious question since you brought it up. Is there a chance that Fisher opinion may be colored because he knows the family? So might he pass on guys with similar stats that were not his friends son?

BTW that is not necessarily a negative. If you know he is a kid who will keep his nose clean and work hard because you have known him since he was 5 or whatever. That can naturally heighten your opinion.

Serious answer No

With a small class you can't afford to do that. Especially coming off of back to back losing seasons

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back