• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

3 game suspension for the Urb

My initial response is that Urban Meyer is getting off easy, then it occurs to me the people who are skating here are the University officials who are paid to make difficult decisions. They are kicking the can down the road, doing nothing difficult or life changing, and life goes on as though nothing happened.

After the very first call Courtney Smith made to police, Urb sent his friend and Zach’s grandpa to talk to Courtney about what charges would do to Zach’s career. I am shocked that she decided not to press charges and had second thoughts about it from then on. He sent older men to intimidate a relatively newly married woman after she was abused. Hooray. I’m sure that had no effect on her future reports.
I don't think we will ever know all the details of that 2009 conversation, but I would be willing to let that slide, if there's any truth to Urban's story (which is of course debatable) -- i.e. if it was the first offense by Z Smith, they're a young couple, and it looks like both parties bear some blame. Then get them into counseling, etc.

But Urbs should have been (and surely was) aware of the subsequent incidents, and did nothing other than discuss internally how to keep it quiet. As was semi-acknowledged by the BoT, Urban shouldn't have had to wait for a police report to take action. There was ample evidence in 2015 that Z Smith needed to go.

What boggles my mind is how the BoT can reconcile these facts:
Urban and AD Gene Smith both were aware of ongoing police investigations into the 2015 incident(s), and had discussions on the issue "for months" (per the presser). How could anyone "not recall" such a major event 3 years later?

What I saw in the presser was the typical song and dance from both Urban and Gene Smith:
Deflect
Deny
Cover up
Backtrack
Save face
But don't by any means take responsibility for any wrongdoing.

Last edited:
So we are supposed to believe the photo's sent to Turban's wife were what.... FAKE NEWS? She what... beat herself up and then emailed the pics to get hubby in trouble?

I don't give a rats azz if Turban coaches OSU or not but you can bet if this was a relatively unknown HC they would long since have been fired........... Take that to the bank! The only reason this disgrace is being white washed is because of who it is, not what was actually done. BTW where is the #MeToo movement? They are missing in action so far.............

Last edited:

The night before the press conference the Urbster was probably laying on his bedroom floor clutching his chest, hyperventilating and sweating profusely...hoping his attorney would come come up with a great apology letter he could read.

So your mentally ill wife calls the cops nine times and no charges are ever filed and you have to lose your job and everyone around you should get destroyed too? I really don’t want to live in that world...just my opinion.

So your mentally ill wife calls the cops nine times and no charges are ever filed and you have to lose your job and everyone around you should get destroyed too? I really don’t want to live in that world...just my opinion.

How do you then justify the stalking and restraining order on his side...takes two to tango, if she was that bad just get away...fast.

This about hits it from all angles other than the wife...yes that was intentional ..'hits it'

'Deflect
Deny
Cover up
Backtrack
Save face
But don't by any means take responsibility for any wrongdoing.'

The night before the press conference the Urbster was probably laying on his bedroom floor clutching his chest, hyperventilating and sweating profusely...hoping his attorney would come come up with a great apology letter he could read.
He hasn't been that nervous since he had to play against Nick Saban

3131561.jpg

I'll see if I can find the link, but on ESPN radio this morning, they were reading part of the BOT report, and it stated that it appears, upon hearing about this report that was coming out, Urban deleted text messages from his phone that were older than 1 year. That doesn't sound like the actions of an innocent man.

Here's a summary of the story, as well as the report link in the article.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ummary-findings-casts-doubt-coach-urban-meyer

"Investigators also found that upon learning about accusations made by Courtney Smith in an Aug. 1 report from college football reporter Brett McMurphy, Meyer and a fellow football staffer discussed how to adjust the settings on Meyer's phone so that text messages more than a year old would be deleted. When investigators examined Meyer's phone, they did not find any message more than a year old but said they were unable to tell when Meyer adjusted the settings on his phone to get rid of older messages."

Here's a summary of the story, as well as the report link in the article.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ummary-findings-casts-doubt-coach-urban-meyer

"Investigators also found that upon learning about accusations made by Courtney Smith in an Aug. 1 report from college football reporter Brett McMurphy, Meyer and a fellow football staffer discussed how to adjust the settings on Meyer's phone so that text messages more than a year old would be deleted. When investigators examined Meyer's phone, they did not find any message more than a year old but said they were unable to tell when Meyer adjusted the settings on his phone to get rid of older messages."

Cover up is greater than the crime

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back