• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 3 Conferece Championship Games in 4 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm getting tired of these ABC/espn dweebs saying we haven't been to a championship game since 1999. And no one corrects them.

I went on a long rant when that chic said that. You do this for a living and you cant get your facts straight? nice.

I did the same thing. If you are going to emphasize a point at least get it correct, otherwise you look like some skirt who got her job using some other skills :)

I have a feeling getting to the game is going to be a lot tougher going forward. Relying on Missouri, K-State or Colorado to lose is quite a bit different than relying on Michigan to lose.

I have a feeling getting to the game is going to be a lot tougher going forward. Relying on Missouri, K-State or Colorado to lose is quite a bit different than relying on Michigan to lose.

Who was relying on Michigan to lose?

Good thing this year it did not matter if Michigan won or lost against OSU since we took care of business. Good point though, I would not bet against Brady Hoke and Michigan.

Who was relying on Michigan to lose?

We didn't this year. But if I recall correctly we did rely on some losses by the aforementioned Big 12 teams in order to make it to those Big 12 Championship games. I'm not criticizing the accomplishment, because I think it's terrific how well we've done this year. But this isn't going to be the Big 12 North.

It is an accomplishment, and the more you make it the more of a chance you are going to win one. Win this one and this program has taken another step under Bo that he can hopefully use to close a good recruiting class and build some good momentum.

Agree. It is nice to go to the dance, but it doesn't mean much if you go home alone.

I think what the media is saying is it is our chance to win one since 1999 in that we have not won it since then. I don't think the intent is we have not been to one since 1999 just that we have not won a CCG since then. At least that is how I am hearing it. Very bad grammar on the media part is the cause for confusion/error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back