• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2023 Scholarship Numbers

Do I understand that with 17 days to go we are at 87, so two departures (or switch to NIL) are still needed in the next two weeks?

Do I understand that with 17 days to go we are at 87, so two departures (or switch to NIL) are still needed in the next two weeks?
I don't think you can simply "switch to NIL". If we're 2 over right now, 2 more will need to depart/go on medical.

Short answer - yes. We may never know publicly, but they'll do something if they haven't already done it.

Not sure on the exact ruling, but Sean Callahan talked about it briefly on a podcast. Something like "anyone that began their career as a walk-on would be eligible to go only on NIL." He then cited Nouili, Reimer, Bullock, Boerkircher, Fleeks, and Morton as examples. That's the confusing part - I thought Fleeks and Morton were originally scholarship guys.

I don't want to speculate too much, but I could also see two certain guys go on medical.

Sounds like we may not get an announcement of which players aren't actually on a formal scholarship, but that dropping 2 more from the running total is trivially easy for the staff to deal with. NIL has made this number a lot more flexible than it used to be.

Short answer - yes. We may never know publicly, but they'll do something if they haven't already done it.

Not sure on the exact ruling, but Sean Callahan talked about it briefly on a podcast. Something like "anyone that began their career as a walk-on would be eligible to go only on NIL." He then cited Nouili, Reimer, Bullock, Boerkircher, Fleeks, and Morton as examples. That's the confusing part - I thought Fleeks and Morton were originally scholarship guys.

I don't want to speculate too much, but I could also see two certain guys go on medical.
The report today that he has two scholarships to give shows we made it down to 83. I guess we may never know exactly who isn’t on scholarship. I think only people who began at Nebraska as frosh on scholarship are required to stay on scholarship— so former walk ons and transfers could hypothetically go only on NIL if necessary.

The report today that he has two scholarships to give shows we made it down to 83. I guess we may never know exactly who isn’t on scholarship. I think only people who began at Nebraska as frosh on scholarship are required to stay on scholarship— so former walk ons and transfers could hypothetically go only on NIL if necessary.
Saw that. Sanford got one of the free scholarships. Do you think that’s a Big Ten rule or NCAA? Big Ten had the whole “guaranteed” scholarship, that’s why I’m curious if it’s a conference thing or not.

Where was this reported? I’ve been out of town with some sporadic web access.

Wouldn’t that mean 4 scholarship players have either left the team or just no longer on scholarship?
Exactly. Not sure who yet. Looks like HuskerOnline is also reporting 88. They have Sanford listed as a junior, but he should be a sixth-year senior. Spent the 2018 season at Hastings College.

Exactly. Not sure who yet. Looks like HuskerOnline is also reporting 88. They have Sanford listed as a junior, but he should be a sixth-year senior. Spent the 2018 season at Hastings College.

Love love love the work you put into this. It’s my go to data base. Keep up the excellent work. GBR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back