• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2022 Kool Aid

I am afraid you will need Kool Aide to accept who they hire as the OC.

For a 1-2 year year hire, with Frost under the hammer in 2022, with money being somewhat of an issue (remember, Chin makes $850K, so if you bring in a new OC for $1.3 million, you almost have to raise Chin too, and what about the other staff, do they get raises....).

So, I will bet we get a "2nd tier" OC that will take you 2 glasses of Kool aide to make the rest of us feel like it was worth keeping Frost for 2022. :(
Good point. Perhaps I’ll go with vodka.

5vqstw.jpg

Kind of funny right under your negative post is an ad to Get Into The Holiday Sprit.

To be honest, I fully expect to be drinking the kool-aid by the start of next season. We were close enough this season in so many games that I have hope we can fix small things and have a huge turnaround next year. I also realize it's unlikely

This assumed business that the defense takes a big step back is unwarranted. Are we losing some key guys on that side? Of course. It happens every year. This year isn't an anomaly in that respect. There are several promising backups that have logged impressive playing time this year. I think this idea that the defense basically sucks next year is a view that is more emotional than it is factual.
I tend to agree … we thought previous years team lost a lot, especially on the DLine.

The talent loss this year will be tough but I think the leadership, heart and toughness loss will be tougher.

Nevertheless, we do have a lot of talent returning along with so decent depth as well as our entire D coaching staff … more concerns about the offense.

Last edited:

Trust me, you are wrong. Scott is the savior of this program in the eyes of the "intelligent" posters of HM.

Just stop.

There isn’t anyone left on the board who’s still convinced everything will be just fine.

The division has been between starting over and hoping for a turnaround.

If not calling each other names when discussing Nebraska football, or not gloating when we lose makes one poster more intelligent than another, sure.

We’re all unhappy. We all want more. I think we need to remember we’re all Nebraska.

Just stop.

There isn’t anyone left on the board who’s still convinced everything will be just fine.

If not calling each other names when discussing Nebraska football, or not gloating when we lose makes one poster more intelligent than another, sure.

We’re all unhappy. We all want more. I think we need to remember we’re all Nebraska.
I wasn't referring to you so you don't have a dog in that hunt unless there is some affiliation I'm unaware of. Listen, when each critical post is met with smugness, arrogance, and name calling, come talk to me about telling people to stop. And you know exactly what I'm talking about. If you don't see that this entire website has become toxic and both "sides" are the cause, then there is not much to talk about.

I'd be happy to take this to a PM if you'd like.

I wasn't referring to you so you don't have a dog in that hunt unless there is some affiliation I'm unaware of. Listen, when each critical post is met with smugness, arrogance, and name calling, come talk to me about telling people to stop. And you know exactly what I'm talking about. If you don't see that this entire website has become toxic and both "sides" are the cause, then there is not much to talk about.

I'd be happy to take this to a PM if you'd like.

I'll be happy to take it to a PM, but this is 100% on all of us to fix.

In broad daylight.

You're right about the smugness and it's on both sides of the fence.

No way especially the huge step the defense takes back with no heavy weight all-star to clog the middle.
We had no proven receivers or RBs coming into 2021 and we knew the schedule was brutal. Somehow the 10-2’ers still showed up. It’s still gonna happen next year.

To be honest, I fully expect to be drinking the kool-aid by the start of next season. We were close enough this season in so many games that I have hope we can fix small things and have a huge turnaround next year. I also realize it's unlikely
Just like 2021, 2020, 2019. Once again, Husker hope was dashed

Just stop.

Don't waste your breath.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back