• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2019 is our coming out party

I'm sure I'm in a minority here, but I could see this happening. We should be 4-0 heading into our matchup with Ohio State. The game will be in Lincoln, we barely lost to them in Columbus, they'll have a new head coach, and there's a good chance they'll have a new QB.

Northwestern, Minnesota, Indiana, and Purdue aren't all cakewalks, but I expect to be favored in all of those games.

Wisconsin comes to Lincoln in November, and that really could be the defining game of the season. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Nebraska went into that game at 9-0 or 8-1. If that's where we stand on November 16, we'll almost certainly be in the top 10. After 9 games last season, no Power 5 conference team with fewer than 2 losses was outside the top 10.

Keep in mind that I thought a 10-2 type season was possible in 2018... :)

I'm sure I'm in a minority here, but I could see this happening. We should be 4-0 heading into our matchup with Ohio State. The game will be in Lincoln, we barely lost to them in Columbus, they'll have a new head coach, and there's a good chance they'll have a new QB.

Northwestern, Minnesota, Indiana, and Purdue aren't all cakewalks, but I expect to be favored in all of those games.

Wisconsin comes to Lincoln in November, and that really could be the defining game of the season. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Nebraska went into that game at 9-0 or 8-1. If that's where we stand on November 16, we'll almost certainly be in the top 10. After 9 games last season, no Power 5 conference team with fewer than 2 losses was outside the top 10.

Keep in mind that I thought a 10-2 type season was possible in 2018... :)
I'll buy that. But I'm snake bit after 2018. Every time I start looking ahead on the schedule and counting wins, I come to my senses and think, let's not count 'em before they're in the W column.

I think back to the '95 season, going into the Fiesta Bowl. All the talking heads said UF was going to destroy us. Everyone in Nebraska knew better, but no one wanted to say anything.

Figure out some of these issues and Nebraska may cause some damage and make some noise.

1. Need a solid back-up at QB. Bunch and Vedral have not been impressive... yet.

2. Need to find a solid 2 RB rotation. The loss of Ozigbo is big.

3. Need at least 3 WRs besides Spielman. K. Warner, M. Jones, D. Chase, J. Nance, M. Williams, J. Woodyard, A. Hunt and J. McQuitty.

4. OL has holes and Center is a big one.

5. DL needs 5 guys to step up. Like WR, lots of bodies available.

6. LB doesn't have enough guys to make a 2-deep. J. Hannah and who else steps up?

7. Outside of D. Williams, Safety has no depth. M. Farmer and Q. Newsome are options as is Domann but Nebraska needs LBs.

Blast away.

I wish I had a nickel for every time before this last season I heard "We should be 3-0 heading into the Michigan game, and if we beat them we'll be 5-0 and ranked heading into Madison!"

Didn't quite turn out that way...

I'm optimistic about this coming season, but I'll believe top 10 when I see it.

Figure out some of these issues and Nebraska may cause some damage and make some noise.

1. Need a solid back-up at QB. Bunch and Vedral have not been impressive... yet.

2. Need to find a solid 2 RB rotation. The loss of Ozigbo is big.

3. Need at least 3 WRs besides Spielman. K. Warner, M. Jones, D. Chase, J. Nance, M. Williams, J. Woodyard, A. Hunt and J. McQuitty.

4. OL has holes and Center is a big one.

5. DL needs 5 guys to step up. Like WR, lots of bodies available.

6. LB doesn't have enough guys to make a 2-deep. J. Hannah and who else steps up?

7. Outside of D. Williams, Safety has no depth. M. Farmer and Q. Newsome are options as is Domann but Nebraska needs LBs.

Blast away.
Exactly. Those are the reasons why I've been saying over and over again that our coming out party won't be in 2019... It'll be 2020. I think there are going to be a lot of frustrated people next year when they don't see the crazy turn around that many are anticipating. I would be extremely pleased with seven or eight wins

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back