• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 RPI Tracking

Nebraska moved up to 92nd from 98th after a weekend series split with Iowa. Would have been nice to try and get that series win at home, but the way this season is going, we probably would have went 1-2. This week brings Kansas State (119th), UNOmaha (253rd), and for the weekend series we are at Rutgers (143rd). If I had to predict, we are going to fall back out of the top100 next Monday. We don't have the pitching depth and we play some poorly ranked teams. 4-1 is our only shot to not fall in the rankings and that will be tough. Hoping we somehow find enough offense to win the weekday games, then go 2-1 on an away conference series.

Pretty sad state of affairs, when win or lose, we drop!!! That's what you get for stinkin' up the joint, and you are already 110 in the rpi!

Last edited:
I suggest that these 5 games will be more of an indicator of the players rather than the coaching staff. If you play college baseball and you cannot get up to pad your numbers over this stretch, you need to GTFO. A player should LIVE for these games and get dialed in; ESPECIALLY when the season isn’t going well.

Anything less than 4-1, I don’t put on DE. Time to just step up, play ball, and get your stats. If they don’t, every position should be open next season. I’d even consider nuking the roster and bring in JUCOs at that point.
I was wondering your take on that. Despite the pitching issues and injuries, we are severely more talented than pretty much every team.

I was wondering your take on that. Despite the pitching issues and injuries, we are severely more talented than pretty much every team.

From High School to college, to pro ball, every team, no matter how bad or how good, has a run in the schedule where you are going to count on getting yours. My junior year of high school I finished with the highest batting average in the city because I went 8 for 8 in a double header against Omaha Burke in the spring season. Players know the schedule and know when they are going to get theirs. If a guy has any desire to play at the next level, they need to put some numbers up over the 5 game stretch. If they can't, then the coaching staff needs to get new players in.

Yuck.

These guys can't even get theirs against 16-21 K-State. I'm not sure they'd even finish in the top 3 in the MIAA.

DE can't do it for 'em.

I don't think there is much talent on this roster who is able 'to get theirs'.

Schrieber, Wilkening, and Mojo are the only three that know which end of a bat to hold onto.

We have no middle infielders.

Outfielders can't pick up rolling balls.

The entire team is a disaster.

Part of it is they aren't ready to play for whatever reason, but part of it is a severe lack in talent too. It will be at least 2 more years before we can field a respectable team.

Part of it is they aren't ready to play for whatever reason, but part of it is a severe lack in talent too. It will be at least 2 more years before we can field a respectable team.

All good points.

I have no contacts with the baseball program anymore, but from afar, I'm not sure what else the staff can do to get them ready to play. Maybe they are soft on discipline, I don't know.

Fell to 108th after the loss to KState. Gross.

Now after losing to UNO, only one direction to go, imo.

I'd work these kids to death. We're headed over to Memorial Stadium and we are running stairs until I get tired of watching. Then I'd practice. Then I'd go run stairs again. I'd find out who wanted to be there and who didn't. Then I'd play those guys that showed me something.

The season's tanked. Find out how many guys you got on your team that want to be there, get them there reps, pack up the rest. Get your offers to every player on the all-conference teams in the Jayhawk league and at Iowa Western ASAP for next season.

I'd work these kids to death. We're headed over to Memorial Stadium and we are running stairs until I get tired of watching. Then I'd practice. Then I'd go run stairs again. I'd find out who wanted to be there and who didn't. Then I'd play those guys that showed me something.

The season's tanked. Find out how many guys you got on your team that want to be there, get them there reps, pack up the rest. Get your offers to every player on the all-conference teams in the Jayhawk league and at Iowa Western ASAP for next season.
I would just go the Childress route and make them all put dips in and do somersaults down the 100 yard field and back.

Fell to 120th with the loss to UNOmaha. Heading to Rutgers to face the 129th ranked RPI team.

giphy.gif

Sartori (Lincoln Southwest) and Divis (Lincoln Northeast) are doing well for Hutch this year. Both over .350 and 9/10 HRs. Logan wants the A&M offer but we need to get them back to Lincoln. We offered Divis a walk-on spot but the Hutch coach said he’d turn that into an SEC offer.

99% sure we are out of money right now for 2018 class but there will be some that frees up after the summer, I just dont know if these kids will wait that long.

Last edited:

Sartori (Lincoln Southwest) and Divis (Lincoln Northeast) are doing well for Hutch this year. Both over .350 and 9/10 HRs. Logan wants the A&M offer but we need to get them back to Lincoln. We offered Divis a walk-on spot but the Hutch coach said he’d turn that into an SEC offer.

99% sure we are out of money right now for 2018 class but there will be some that frees up after the summer, I just dont know if these kids will wait that long.
And this is where the big 10 rules really bone us. We can’t even turn over the roster if we want to.

And this is where the big 10 rules really bone us. We can’t even turn over the roster if we want to.
Right, those kids get their scholarship until they are enrolled elsewhere or sign MLB contract. There’s a 6’4 kid from Creighton Prep doing well down there too, and a pitcher from Lincoln as well.

Be interested to see what happens. The scholarship guys we brought in from out of state needed to step up this year and just haven’t. More Mojos less Ackers/Athey I guess.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back