• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2018 NIT...

Interesting.... 2 point game. Gotta hope USC misses the FT's. :6.1 left in game, Trojans on the line...
makes the first....
makes the second...

4 point game. Trojans foul UNCA on a 3 point attmept. LOL

I completely disagree with this notion.

I -- like many others -- watch and love the NCAA Tournament for the Cinderella stories. The first Thursday and Friday each year in the dance are, IMO, the two greatest days in sports. That's when the little schools get their shot at the big boys -- and you can count on a couple mid-major, little known schools stepping up with a huge performance that is remembered for years to come.

Valparaiso, George Mason, Davidson, VCU, Northern Iowa, Harvard, Princeton, South Dakota State, Hampton, Richmond, Santa Clara, etc.

Sure, after Princeton beat UCLA in '96, they weren't going to go on an win the national title. But minus looking it up, I don't remember who did. But I sure do remember that upset by Princeton.

And I remember Hampton upsetting 2-seed Iowa State ... and every year in March Madness, we see the highlight of their coach being lifted up off the ground -- legs and arms flailing wildly.

I love that stuff!

College football is an entirely different animal. You have a small school program face a national power, and they'll get shredded by 70 points. The size and physicality differences are tremendous.

In basketball, you get a small school team full of upperclassman ... who play solid D and are smart with the ball ... and maybe a player or two gets a hot hand shooting ... and anything can happen.

Removing the opportunities for the small schools to put on the slippers, and you'd be removing what makes college basketball special.

After the upset of Georgetown in 1996, Princeton lost to.....Mississippi State.

Sooo.....it looks like Nebraska will just have to run Mississippi State out of their own gym later tonight.

Sooo.....it looks like Nebraska will just have to run Mississippi State out of their own gym later tonight.
Man, I should be around to watch the game, but just in case, I've got it set to record. I sure hope we go in and smack them around, it would be so good for the team, not just now, but potentially next year also. GO BIG RED!!!

Usc player who is NBA prospect is skipping the game because je is worried about getting hurt. Texas him. I wouldn't draft his sorry ass. I get it in football...not basketball.

So I'm assuming he'll skip their next game as well ... however far USC goes.

That is truly lame. But even more lame if he changes his mind the deeper USC goes. So he'd best just hand in his jersey permanently.

Yes, and just think, if we move on, we have a chance to play Baylor, again! Again? Yeah, and they are just as tall as they were the last time we played them, and got our butts whipped! Do you believe in coincidences? Hmm?

Last edited:
So I'm assuming he'll skip their next game as well ... however far USC goes.

That is truly lame. But even more lame if he changes his mind the deeper USC goes. So he'd best just hand in his jersey permanently.

I have no use for anyone who chooses not to help his team mates move on. My wife saw him, and I explained his choice. In words, she had no respect for him, and he should go home and watch the game on t.v.! Linda and I are on the same page. Loyalty comes first. I don't care what anyone says, he is as selfish as he can be. If he doesn't make the pros, for any reason, I have no tears for him, period!

I was so hoping USC and Oregon would both lose.

I have no use for anyone who chooses not to help his team mates move on. My wife saw him, and I explained his choice. In words, she had no respect for him, and he should go home and watch the game on t.v.! Linda and I are on the same page. Loyalty comes first. I don't care what anyone says, he is as selfish as he can be. If he doesn't make the pros, for any reason, I have no tears for him, period!

He's a me mate not a team mate. :Thumbsdown:

And that goes for football players who do the same thing. :Thumbsdown:

I agree C-Bob, just turn in your jersey and stay home.

I was so hoping USC and Oregon would both lose.

He's a me mate not a team mate. :Thumbsdown:

And that goes for football players who do the same thing. :Thumbsdown:

I agree C-Bob, just turn in your jersey and stay home.
Wish i would of known that before i bet usc giving 15 pts. Guess i should research rest of nit games to see if other bball players are too good to participate. B.S.

Altman is not going to take a step backwards program wise. We would have to extremely overpay for that with no guarantee of results.
Welp, if we keep doing what we're doing we'll keep getting what we're getting. Sounds like you're content with the program as is.

Welp, if we keep doing what we're doing we'll keep getting what we're getting. Sounds like you're content with the program as is.
Nebraska basketball is never going to lure a big name. They don't go backwards. It is no different than football and football has a lot more going for it than basketball. This time around football was just lucky that a big name was an alum.

NU basketball will eventually have to get lucky and have a guy BECOME a big name while here. That doesn't appear to be Miles but this year bought him two more in all likelihood.

Altman is not going to take a step backwards program wise. We would have to extremely overpay for that with no guarantee of results.
Nebraska basketball is never going to lure a big name. They don't go backwards. It is no different than football and football has a lot more going for it than basketball. This time around football was just lucky that a big name was an alum.

NU basketball will eventually have to get lucky and have a guy BECOME a big name while here. That doesn't appear to be Miles but this year bought him two more in all likelihood.
So, NU is destined to be a stepping stone at best, a black hole for up and comers at worst.
Guess I'll stick to football.

I will take this season at a Nebraska. Who wouldn't? Just as a Kansas football team would take a 7-5 season. Its all about perspective and yours is misaligned.

That said, Miles takes a step backwards next year with the guys who should return and he is probably out. With good reason.

But to fire a coach who improved 10 or more wins is not going to serve your program well internally or their reputation on a national scale.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back