• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 2017 Confirmed Walk-Ons

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was interested in how many preferred walk-ons the Huskers would look to add this year. Since it guarantees them a spot on the 105-man roster, I thought I would look at how many walk-ons on the 105 are graduating. I came up with 8. Not sure if I missed someone or if one of these guys got a scholarship and I missed it...

WR Ty Betka
DT Garret Johns
K Spencer Lindsey
FB Mitch McCann
RB Jordan Nelson
OL Robby Painter
K Jamie Sutcliffe
DB Tanner Zlab

I'm curious about this comment. If he's good enough for a scholarship from OU, how come we didn't offer him one too? Or did OU back off from that?

I liked how Nebraska offered their punter of the future (Caleb Lightbourn) when they did. Would have been awesome if he could have redshirted like the plan was, but unfortunately what happened, happened. If Nebraska had more scholarships, perhaps they would have offered a kid to have him redshirt next year with the idea of him taking over for Brown in 2018. Nebraska got a big break here by getting a scholarship-worthy kid. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go on scholarship in 2018, more likely 2019 after he kicks for a year and the staff knows whether or not they will need to recruit a kicker...

I liked how Nebraska offered their punter of the future (Caleb Lightbourn) when they did. Would have been awesome if he could have redshirted like the plan was, but unfortunately what happened, happened. If Nebraska had more scholarships, perhaps they would have offered a kid to have him redshirt next year with the idea of him taking over for Brown in 2018. Nebraska got a big break here by getting a scholarship-worthy kid. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go on scholarship in 2018, more likely 2019 after he kicks for a year and the staff knows whether or not they will need to recruit a kicker...

But who will coach them? Things are tricky these days.

So with Drew Brown we had 3 scholarship kickers? Wow maybe a bit of overkill.

Sorry misread N2FL's post, didn't realize it was 'preferred' walk ons. Dumb me.

Last edited:
I believe Ethan Cox's highlight tape from his Sophomore year shows him playing a lot of QB, when he usually played WR.

IIRC, the starting QB for Blair got injured, and Cox was pressed into service as QB. At any rate, a great athlete.

Andrew Bunch looks like a hellofa walkon! 6' 1" 190 lbs and runs the 40 in 4:51. He was named the MVP in the state title game throwing just under 69%

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back