• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 2017 Confirmed Walk-Ons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Lingenfelter (offers from Tulane, Northern Iowa, South Dakota) and Trent Hixson (offers from Air Force and South Dakota) are awesome walk-on additions to the o-line. If the team can add Hunter Miller eventually, that would be a very nice trifecta.
Ask and you shall receive!!:thumbsup:

Sounds like Ben Lingenfelter will start out on the d-line: http://nebraska.247sports.com/Artic...-will-walk-on-with-Nebraska-football-49870962

Washington (Iowa) lineman Ben Lingenfelter was plenty familiar with the Nebraska football program, having several family members over several generations play in the program.

Lingenfelter will be the next in line, now, after accepting a preferred walk-on offer to play for the Huskers.

The 6-foot-5, 270-pounder said academics weighed most heavily in his decision to turn down scholarship offers from Tulane, Northern Iowa and South Dakota to join the Big Red.

“Initially I talked about walking on earlier in the season,” Lingenfelter said. “At the Minnesota game we talked with coach (John) Parrella about walking on, so they made the offer there, and I had an offer from South Dakota, Northern Iowa and Tulane and I was talking to coaches and it came to Nebraska had the degree I wanted and I value school a lot and a degree is something I’m going to spend the rest of my life with.

“I had siblings who went to Nebraska and saw them have success and made the decision earlier this week.”

Lingenfelter wants to major in engineering, though he said he’s still undecided on the area of the major he will pursue.

“It wasn’t easy, but it came down to the degree and getting to play big-time football at a big university and a big conference at a high level,” he said.

As for on the field, Lingenfelter will begin his career on the defensive side of the ball, though that could be subject to change.

“Initially we are going to start with defense, I believe, and they said if need be, they could see me playing offensive line as well,” he said. “I’ve got skills at both. I’ll start on the defensive line and if the opportunities are better, look at offense.”

In addition to football, Lingenfelter also stars on the basketball court and in track and field. He took fourth in the discus last year in Iowa in 2A, throwing 164 feet, 6 inches.

Omaha Skutt’s Trent Hixson announced Thursday that he had accepted an offer to join the Husker program as a preferred walk-on. Hunter Miller of Cross County High School in Stromburg followed him announcing his decision the next day.

Both players were named All-Class by The World-Herald after their senior seasons.

NU’s 2017 walk-on class now stands at six with the additions of Hixson and Miller. Joining them are Blair wide receiver Ethan Cox, Cherokee, Iowa, defensive lineman Ben Lingenfelter, Bennington linebacker Cody Liske and Broken Bow athlete Dylan Reynolds.
http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footba...cle_139802ac-c6f1-11e6-bdd1-6fdd5b97d35c.html

Awesome! Added Cole Frahm who was going to get a scholarship from Oklahoma and passed up an FCS full-ride!

I was wondering about this position a couple of weeks ago as looking at the roster, we had no back-ups it appeared at PK after this season, other than Caleb. Now I'm curious who the back-up punter is?

I was wondering about this position a couple of weeks ago as looking at the roster, we had no back-ups it appeared at PK after this season, other than Caleb. Now I'm curious who the back-up punter is?
Isaac Armstrong who is a walk on punter from Lincoln Southwest. He was a freshman this year.

Thank you! It would help if I looked for the 'P' for position on the roster! It's hard to believe Drew will be a senior next season. Welcome Cole!
You're welcome. Drew has become the constant, dependable part of special teams. It will be good to have someone who can spend a year with him as a mentor.

Awesome! Added Cole Frahm who was going to get a scholarship from Oklahoma and passed up an FCS full-ride!

I'm curious about this comment. If he's good enough for a scholarship from OU, how come we didn't offer him one too? Or did OU back off from that?

I'm curious about this comment. If he's good enough for a scholarship from OU, how come we didn't offer him one too? Or did OU back off from that?
Not an expert by any means but let me give it a shot. You only take a kicker about every 2 years or so. So we do not need one this year. whereas OU may need one to sign this year.

Not an expert by any means but let me give it a shot. You only take a kicker about every 2 years or so. So we do not need one this year. whereas OU may need one to sign this year.
Ok fair enough. Is OU still thinking of offering him or have they moved on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back