• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 2017 4 star WR Jaevon McQuitty is 'N' (Silent Commit For Weeks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Because I don't shoot my wad over every single recruit Riley brings in, or buy-in to the incessant hype about what a great coach Riley is? No matter what, not every recruit is going to be an all conference player. Half these recruits will not contribute anything on the field, and rankings do matter to lots of fans.

You want incessant positivity, go read G and Suhperman's post. I'll start waxing ebullient when there's a reason to. I have to see a season which exceeds 2008 - 2014 before that will happen.

Meanwhile, the rest of you can pretend that everything is back to the Osborne era despite the evidence to the contrary.

??? LOL Awesome. Did I say that you need to shoot your wad over every recruit? Did I say you need to buy in to the incessant hype about Riley? Did I say anything about every recruit being an all conference player? Did I say anything that you included in your response to me?

I honestly don't know if you even read my post. It looks like you're just so defensive that you spout out a bunch of nonsense to anyone that responds to one of your posts. I'm not trying to get after you, man. I was just pointing out the fact that you bring on those types of comments by the responses you make, don't be surprised when people get after you for being negative.

I for one don't think that NU will ever get back to the Osborne years, as much as we all want it to happen.

??? LOL Awesome. Did I say that you need to shoot your wad over every recruit? Did I say you need to buy in to the incessant hype about Riley? Did I say anything about every recruit being an all conference player? Did I say anything that you included in your response to me?

I honestly don't know if you even read my post. It looks like you're just so defensive that you spout out a bunch of nonsense to anyone that responds to one of your posts. I'm not trying to get after you, man. I was just pointing out the fact that you bring on those types of comments by the responses you make, don't be surprised when people get after you for being negative.

I for one don't think that NU will ever get back to the Osborne years, as much as we all want it to happen.

I think we should put GFOA and Socal in a cage and let them fight to the death. ;) Then we would only have one unreasonable opinion to deal with.

Because I don't shoot my wad over every single recruit Riley brings in, or buy-in to the incessant hype about what a great coach Riley is? No matter what, not every recruit is going to be an all conference player. Half these recruits will not contribute anything on the field, and rankings do matter to lots of fans.

You want incessant positivity, go read G and Suhperman's post. I'll start waxing ebullient when there's a reason to. I have to see a season which exceeds 2008 - 2014 before that will happen.

Meanwhile, the rest of you can pretend that everything is back to the Osborne era despite the evidence to the contrary.

You're not breaking any news to anyone by reminding them that half of the recruits might not live up to the hype. Although obviously the more talented (physically, fundamentally) prospects will have a better shot at fulfilling their potential - and these first two kids completely fit that bill. The thing is, you are one of the biggest voices out there saying Riley needs to bring in more 4* talent. Your team gets a commitment from the best testing LB'er of the entire 2017 class up to this point (in fact, only 3 LB'ers from the entire 2016 class tested better) and your response is more towards his lack of rating or big offers...in early March. Then, Nebraska gets a commitment from a 4* WR (from your favorite, Rivals) and now you come back with how you don't get overly excited by a recruit because they could always just bust out. Don't you see where that might draw some suspicion?

Things are starting to look up in Lincoln. So far I would have to say the 2017 class is looking great, not good not grate.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hey Husker fans tune Into ESPN1480 radio I will be on the show to talk about my commitment and answer fun questions !!! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GBR?src=hash">#GBR</a></p>&mdash; Jaevon McQuitty (@YaboyJae19) <a href="https://twitter.com/YaboyJae19/status/709110221961097216">March 13, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Early indications are that McQuitty is going to be a proactive peer recruiter for the Huskers. He is good friends with Ryan Johnson, a four-star DL out of Alabama. He is going after him and four-star LB Avery Roberts. Also going after Houston Griffith, a four-star kid in the '18 class out of Illinois. Everyone already knows his friendship with Keyshawn and Darnay Holmes...

Early indications are that McQuitty is going to be a proactive peer recruiter for the Huskers. He is good friends with Ryan Johnson, a four-star DL out of Alabama. He is going after him and four-star LB Avery Roberts. Also going after Houston Griffith, a four-star kid in the '18 class out of Illinois. Everyone already knows his friendship with Keyshawn and Darnay Holmes...

Love big time peer recruiters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back