• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 2013 *PROJECTED* OLine Depth Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still feel that qvale should/could be our best RT...not sure the coaches will make the switch but im gonna put it down anyway. With finnin coming in as a more legit LT it allows the coaches to make the move and sirles can hold down the position until finnin gets ready to play before the oct/nov roles around..

LT...finnin, sirles
LG...cotton,reeves
C...pensick, pelini
RG...long, moudy
RT...qvale, sterup

I am leaving kondola and arod off my 2 deep...first year linemen generally dont set the world on fire from hiday one and from the bit i watched of his film he will not get by on physical ability alone, hopefully finnin does. A rod just doesnt show me much and considering he is a senior the coaches will probable play him more than sterup but im going with the more athletic player in zach.

I seriously don't understand why fans want our starting LT to be moved to the right side, and our starting RT to get moved to back-up at LT. Seems counter-productive to me.

It's far more likely that Qvale and Finnan will be 1-2 and split time as the season progresses, while Sirles and ARod will be 1-2 on the right, with Sterup as a swing man on either side.

Can't help but think we're going to see some of Thurston behind Long on the right side, and Kondolo will get some reps early in the season.

The beautiful think is that we also have guys like Moudy, Reeves, and Price also available. Deepest OL we've had in years.

Last edited:

I seriously don't understand why fans want our starting LT to be moved to the right side, and our starting RT to get moved to back-up at LT. Seems counter-productive to me.

It's far more likely that Qvale and Finnan will be 1-2 and split time as the season progresses, while Sirles and ARod will be 1-2 on the right, with Sterup as a swing man on either side.

Can't help but think we're going to see some of Thurston behind Long on the right side, and Kondolo will get some reps early in the season.

The beautiful think is that we also have guys like Moudy, Reeves, and Price also available. Deepest OL we've had in years.

yup

I have zero idea how thing are going to shake out. All I know is Long will be our RG. Pensick and Sirles will most likely start somewhere. I think the rest is up for grabs. Cotton and Reeves are unbelievable talents if they can stay healthy.

I have zero idea how thing are going to shake out. All I know is Long will be our RG. Pensick and Sirles will most likely start somewhere. I think the rest is up for grabs. Cotton and Reeves are unbelievable talents if they can stay healthy.

I'm high on Cotton...very happy to see him put a chokehold on LG this spring. Reeves needs to get healthy and get some PT.

Cotton is said to have a mean streak in him. Sterup was coming on last year. The two JUCOs are wild cards that will most likely see more action as the season wears on.

Gotta figure Qvale, Sirles and Long all will be seasoned much like the offensive front of the old days. Fewer errors and a good chemistry from playing together for such a long time.

I look for a move from a youngster or two. Seems like it happens every year with the offensive front. Reeves, Utter, Thurston someone like that. Long came out of nowhere a couple of years back.

Cotton is said to have a mean streak in him. Sterup was coming on last year. The two JUCOs are wild cards that will most likely see more action as the season wears on.

Gotta figure Qvale, Sirles and Long all will be seasoned much like the offensive front of the old days. Fewer errors and a good chemistry from playing together for such a long time.

I look for a move from a youngster or two. Seems like it happens every year with the offensive front. Reeves, Utter, Thurston someone like that. Long came out of nowhere a couple of years back.

I thought Cotton looked really good before his injury. Sterup is intriguing based on his size and basketball background - would love for him to step up.

Kondolo and Finnin both are "finishers" from their film. They don't stop until their man is out of the play or on the ground or both. They should fit right in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back