• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

20 years! HuskerMax Members Tribute

:Woohoo2::Corn2::Woohoo2:

20-year anniversaries are rolling in for us '99ers !!! By the way, the banners should read 20 year member, correct? I see those who have reached 20 years still read as 15.

BigRedMax: October 15, 1999
JHudson: October 15, 1999

Cyberbach: October 17, 1999
Husker in Spokane: October 17, 1999

redmachine: October 18, 1999

alabamahusker: October 31, 1999
fjbfour: October 31, 1999
Pop Corn: October 31, 1999

mjohnson: November 1, 1999
HuskerWeatherman: November 1, 1999

sdhusker: November 26, 1999

beans: December 30, 1999

It's really hard to fathom 20 years on the forums. 20 years?!? There aren't many anywhere on this planet that can make a claim to being a member of any social media/bulletin board platform for 20 years. :)

Seems like I joined around 2001 or 2002.
I could be way wrong,
That's when I started doing the tailgates with David,
We averaged 3 to 5 people the first year,
Wish I had pictures

:Woohoo2::Corn2::Woohoo2:

20-year anniversaries are rolling in for us '99ers !!! By the way, the banners should read 20 year member, correct? I see those who have reached 20 years still read as 15.

BigRedMax: October 15, 1999
JHudson: October 15, 1999

Cyberbach: October 17, 1999
Husker in Spokane: October 17, 1999

redmachine: October 18, 1999

alabamahusker: October 31, 1999
fjbfour: October 31, 1999
Pop Corn: October 31, 1999

mjohnson: November 1, 1999
HuskerWeatherman: November 1, 1999

sdhusker: November 26, 1999

beans: December 30, 1999

It's really hard to fathom 20 years on the forums. 20 years?!? There aren't many anywhere on this planet that can make a claim to being a member of any social media/bulletin board platform for 20 years. :)
hmc.gif

There was a time when I'd do the occasional tribute to the members of HuskerMax (Pedia). Every couple of years I'd honor the active members with year joined and post counts. Unfortunately, these statistics are no longer as readily sortable in the member list as they once were.

Fortunately, I do have some old spreadsheets that I kept to track these stats -- though again, not so easily updated nowadays. However, it does readily inform me of the active members, as of several years ago, listed by joined date.

As many of you know, HuskerMax (formerly, Huskerpedia) became a membership forum in 1999 (October 1, I believe, was the official start date). Yes, Huskerpedia existed prior to that (but I believe, minus the forums). I remember going to the original site for my Husker news long ago (I believe with adnet as the host URL?).

And since this is the offseason -- and by the time we officially reach 20 years, it will be mid-football season -- I figured now would be a good time to mention those few of us that are still around, with a start/join date of 1999. It appears that's only EIGHT members now. Well, it's possible someone will chime in and inform me otherwise (i.e. had a different name in 1999, but still here). But for now, here's the Elite Eight (a couple of these have not logged in since last year -- but I'll go ahead and assume/hope they are still active; maybe the mention will resurface them):

Alphabetically:

@alabamahusker
@Cyberbach
@fjbfour
@Husker in Spokane
@HuskerWeatherman
@mjohnson
@Pop Corn
@redmachine

EDIT: @sdhusker resurfaced! We are now at NINE "survivors." :)

EDIT: @beans spilled the beans. He's still with us! Up to ten!

:Bow: Here's to 20 years!
So NU was still good when HuskerMax (Pedia) became a membership forum! Back when 9-4 with a bunch of close losses to top teams (see 1999 season) was considered to be abysmal.

So NU was still good when HuskerMax (Pedia) became a membership forum! Back when 9-4 with a bunch of close losses to top teams (see 1999 season) was considered to be abysmal.

Although the 1999 was one of Nebraska top 2 or 3 non-national championship teams.

12-1. Only loss was to Texas -- but then we handled the Horns in the Big 12 Championship game.

Nebraska finished #3 in the BCS Standings that determined the two BCS Championship game participants -- which were #1 Florida State and #2 Virginia Tech. Interestingly, the next time the BCS formula was tweaked (as they did every couple of years), it actually would have had Nebraska playing FSU for the BCS title. Nebraska did end up #2 in the final Coaches Poll after the '99 season.

Yeah -- hard to imagine -- but when the select group of us members were here in 1999, we still believed Nebraska would always be a national title contender. We had no sense of the NU-CU nightmare in 2001 -- nor the disastrous 2002 season -- nor all of the firings and hirings that would follow. :)

Mustard was a staple but I miss Rojo.... that dude could make any statistic work in our favor.;) GBR

edit: Still at 15 years I see:O O:

Yep -- your profile was the first I checked to see that you were stuck at 15 years instead of the 20 you should be credited for.

Rojo didn't come around for several years after you and I. He basically was here to present pro-Callahan weighted stats. :Biggrin:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back