• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

“Worst Coaching Job Ever!”

How do we find another Bob Devaey?
Whitepages.com?

1630590351927.png

Has either one been seen wearing a fedora and looking ominous? If so provide an immediate contract offer.

Part of me hates to see the national media and analysts commenting about how our program has gone full on turd sandwich, but another part of me is somewhat relieved that the talking heads and non-NU fans are acknowledging that SF is not getting it done. If/when we move on from Frost I feel like we will not get the same negative attention that we received when we fired our 9 win coach.

I am not sure what is the root of his problems. I will just say something is rotten in Lincoln.
You got that right.
  • An AD not living in Lincoln.
  • Poor coaching. Most surprising, an underperforming offense under the direction of a supposed offensive guru.
  • Leaks from the Athletic Department about controversial scheduling.
  • NCAA investigation (minor by itself, but thrown in with everything else definitely a red flag.)
  • Rotating turnstile gate to the transfer portal.
If there are personal issues, perhaps an administrative leave is in order to allow whoever to get their life back together.

A problem for Frost last week was the national spot light drawing everyone to watch the first power five game of the season. Every college football fan watched that game. It is hard to hide under that white hot glow.
Sadly, we're getting used to being embarassed on national TV.

How do you suppose Matt Davison is feeling right about now?

Matt is a true blue Husker. He supported the Frost hire, like we all did, but he should stay in the shadows until this is resolved. When I listen to his game broadcasts I sense he is struggling not to scream into the mic at the sloppiness he sees and has to describe.

I know we're not allowed to post personal rumors on the board, but I really do wonder if there are personal things happening with Frost or others on the staff. Obviously I'm not going to go into theories or speculation.

But I say that because in all my corporate years, this is similar to when you have an all star employee who just suddenly starts underperforming for no good reason. I've seen top end sales people who suddenly can't close a single deal and it's because of something major happening outside work.

It just makes you think because on paper, Nebraska has everything we need to succeed. Personal stress can absolutely ruin people though, and I pray our coaches are all fine.
Duck, how can you say this.

Illinois game was not "new" in anyway, but a compilation in one game of all the mistakes we have seen from a Scott Frost coached team over the last three years:

-Lack of preparation for team we are playing: check
-Critical fumble at critical time: check
-Inept QB play sprinkled with plays that look very good: check
-Defense that plays very, very well but gives up critical plays the lead to opponents scores: check
Finally after game, HC thats says inane things that do not inspire confidence that he can fix the problem now or ever: check

And now que the theme from the Twilight Zone.........

PS:
-Forgot the snap from H*ll to AM
There now the one game synopsis of the last three years is truly complete :(

Last edited:
Part of me hates to see the national media and analysts commenting about how our program has gone full on turd sandwich, but another part of me is somewhat relieved that the talking heads and non-NU fans are acknowledging that SF is not getting it done. If/when we move on from Frost I feel like we will not get the same negative attention that we received when we fired our 9 win coach.
What's startling to me is the language they're using. It's not just "Nebraska can't compete anymore due to demographics" type of attacks, they're literally saying, "What on earth are they even doing up there??"

The national consensus seems to be that we're making mistakes that no college teams make. We're some type of aberration--never before seen. And everyone can see it.

What's startling to me is the language they're using. It's not just "Nebraska can't compete anymore due to demographics" type of attacks, they're literally saying, "What on earth are they even doing up there??"

The national consensus seems to be that we're making mistakes that no college teams make. We're some type of aberration--never before seen. And everyone can see it.
Except Captkenny :)

If he is a good coach, and it’s personal issues causing NU’s issues, then Frost has had personal issues the entire time he has been at NU. Quite frankly, I’m not sure how anyone can watch Nebraska play, and NOT see that it’s a poorly coached team.

I can’t say I’ve seen a coach, with his pedigree, national champion as a player, been around Walsh, Osborne, Parcells, Billechek, Snyder, Kelly and have the excuses he makes. I haven’t seen that. It’s baffling. I’m floored. I remember when Bob Stoops was hired in 1998 at OU, he said, no excuses, we will win, it’s on us. They did. Right now, Scott Frost might have more egg on his face, then about anyone I’ve ever seen, given his mouth and the results. The only thing that will save face for him, is to win, and he is quickly running out of time to do so.
I think we've been trending worse, tho. For instance, you can chalk some of 2018's woes to our defensive changes (we were only in year 2 at that time of our move to a 3-4).

But now even the computer rankings are dropping us fast. I feel like we're accelerating towards rock bottom.

I hear all the time...........this is on him now. As if the lame ass excuse that it was all Rileys fault all along was really not on Frost.
Most coaches can make teams better without blaming other staffs.
Frost used excuse after excuse to make it look like it was not him that was doing a poor job in year 1 and 2. But it WAS him
We fell for it because we couldnt believe it was him after seeing what he did in year 2 at UCF. But it WAS him. Hes just run out of the ability to pawn it off on everyone else at this point
Some did and some still continue to.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back