• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

“Voluntarily skipping the bowl game”

I wonder what the people upset by players skipping the bowl game think of the players who leave for the NFL early? Aren't they also "being selfish" and "abandoning their teammates?"

IMO, people are just overreacting. You're not going to see a massive number of kids suddenly sitting out of the bowl. Why? Because most players don't have their draft position locked up. The majority of players probably see this game as a way to get more exposure to possibly improve their draft position.

Last edited:

I’ve watched many this month. Glad they are on. It’s entertainment. Remember on Seinfeld when the TV exec asked Contanza why anyone would watch a show about nothing? “Because it’s on!”. Same with bowl games.

I’ve watched many this month. Glad they are on. It’s entertainment. Remember on Seinfeld when the TV exec asked Contanza why anyone would watch a show about nothing? “Because it’s on!”. Same with bowl games.
Sure, but you also have that god awful avatar of Springsteens ass, you sicko.

Disagree ... also not a very nice thing for a Husker fan to say about any current or former Husker.
:Banghead:

I didn't disparage the young man, but I don't think I'm alone in thinking he peaked as a Freshman. Some of that is on the coaches, but not all of it.

Why do you have to constantly go there with this personal crapola on current players? Stop hijacking threads with your personal agenda.

You have me confused with someone else.

I rarely call out specific current players.

One post is hardly a highjacking, unless you're a social justice warrior looking for a cause.

this is like the Bat light

You rang?

I think we're good Pops.

You're actually someone who does good things in his community. That flies in the face of everything related to a true 'SJW', who is only interested in posing and pretending to give two shits about anything other than him/her self.

If I'm mistaken and you actually think I'm a mean spirited a hole, I apologize in advance.

I don’t like it, but totally understand it. When these young men see coaches bailing on them for the bowl game or the admin bailing on the team by firing a coach mid-season why would they NOT look out for their own interests? This isn’t like going to war. Your teammates are not in life and death situations. It’s a game, and a business. In the business world people tend to look out for #1 first, starting with the CEO

I think we're good Pops.

You're actually someone who does good things in his community. That flies in the face of everything related to a true 'SJW', who is only interested in posing and pretending to give two shits about anything other than him/her self.

If I'm mistaken and you actually think I'm a mean spirited a hole, I apologize in advance.

Oh hell no man...Respect all the way. Good all the way brother

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back