1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Are we Still Targeting

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by SierraRed, Dec 20, 2018.

1. ColombianHusker

ColombianHusker Throw the damn bones! 2 Year Member

Y'all r tew qwik! Ya no redneck hillbillies iz at falt.

Now back on subject??

2. ToroRed

ToroRed Recruit 2 Year Member

3. CO4NU

CO4NU Scout Team 5 Year Member

ScuM....have to find a way to blame them too!

4. Florida Husker

Florida Husker Scout Team 5 Year Member

5. ShortSideOption

ShortSideOption All Big 10 10 Year Member

All opinion on my part, but if his grades were in order, he would already have a Texas offer. Just like he would already have been able to sign with Nebraska and this would be a non-issue. Still boggles my mind how some kids don't even give themselves a chance.

N2FL, Florida Husker and Beareye like this.
  6. Huskerthom

Huskerthom Blackshirt 2 Year Member

Agree my son was one of them. He had Div 1 schools looking at him going into hs sophomore year. Then screwed around and I ended up sending him to my wife's hometown in the Philippines to finish school. Some kids just don't get it. No matter how hard you punish, talk to and even beg them. Three years later he was watching one of his old teammates get the Play of the week on ESPN.

7. YUENGLING

YUENGLING Junior Varsity 5 Year Member

So many of these kids are passed along through high school without the basics they need to even begin to do average work in college. I have taught several at the college level and when they sit in class it becomes obvious to them just how far behind they are and it’s embarrassing. They understand they are there for football and make excuses, miss class and just fall further behind. If they flunk out they become another kid who we say wasted an opportunity. At the division two and three level where there are no scholarships ( they do get to complete for one or two years) they end up with a ton of depth.
    I have seen these kids admitted when it’s obvious they don’t belong in college but are used by a coach to improve his record and move up the ladder. They’re used by a college or university for the tuition they pay through loans. The sad part is they usually get three semesters of tuition money and two years on the football field before they flunk out.It’s sad and it continues year after year.

inthedeed and skerinks like this.
  8. Huskerthom

This is why I think the educational support that UNL offers students. (Thanks to TO) is so important. It gives the kids an actual opportunity to succeed.

HuSkaBob, Farmer Jake and skerinks like this.
  9. YUENGLING

YUENGLING Junior Varsity 5 Year Member

Absolutely but there are countless schools at the D2 and D3 that simply don’t care about these young men. It’s really tough to watch.

10. Huskerthom

There are countless D1 schools that do not care either. (cough cough Bama cough cough)

11. Discoverer27

Discoverer27 Red Shirt 2 Year Member

12. dparks

dparks Travel Squad 15 Year Member

They care, that is why they have so many non-playing players on Medical Scholarship.......after they get hurt sitting on the bench for 3-4 years. Bench splinters is a real thing!!

inthedeed and Huskerthom like this.
  13. NU_Alum

NU_Alum All Big 10 2 Year Member

14. inthedeed

inthedeed Red Shirt 5 Year Member

15. inthedeed

inthedeed Red Shirt 5 Year Member

plenty to go around, all breeds and bloods

BR Pike and dparks like this.