• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Which 2009 Husker do you want to win the Super Bowl

I would love to see Suh get at least one huge legal hit on Brady. That would make the game for me. I would rather see the Patriots lose, but really don't care a whole lot on the outcome.

That's what my sincere hope is. One giant, de-cleating, snot bubble, smelling salts, ball deflating hit....within the confines of the rules....and a Patriots loss.

Born in Mass....and happy Pats fans :Wave:

Suh and Donald will probably both get their licks in...but Brady is one tough hombre. He wont go away. Expect another nail biter.

On offense, the short passing game will once again be the key for the Pats. On defense, BB will put all his effort in shutting down Gurley. Expect some big passing yards (with big plays) for Goff and his stable of wideouts.

Not a huge fan of the matchup, but I didn't like the matchup against the Chargers either. Never sleep on the greatest coach/QB combo in history.

If there's one thing that I learned over the years it's to never trust your judgment on your favorite team because you really can't remove bias. With that said, I've been thinking about this Super Bowl a lot, and I had originally shared the view of so many others that it will be close nail-biting kind of game, but I don't think so anymore. I think it's going to be a blowout. If the Patriots get some turnovers, it could be the Patriots winning in a blowout, but as I look at the matchups for the Rams' offense versus the Patriots' defense, I'm convinced that the Patriots are going to have to win the turnover battle by two or more in order to win. This Patriots team doesn't have a very good defense, overall. Whatever was wrong with Gurley, I expect him to play, but Anderson brings another element, regardless, and let's not forget that the Rams were a pass-happy slingin' it all over team for the first 2/3 of this season. I think that the Rams are going to score a ton of points on the Patriots, which means that Brady would have to win a shootout. He's obviously done that before, but this Rams defense also matches up incredibly well against the Patriots offense. The Rams starting front 3 on defense are as disruptive as anyone out there, right now, yet they're still built to stop the run. Yes, I realize that this sounds crazy to say, but I think that Wade Phillips is going to focus on taking away the running game for the Patriots in order to force Brady to throw the ball, and they're going to T-up on him and try to beat the crap out of him. If the Rams score as much as I expect they will, Brady is going to have to throw the ball a lot, and that frees up Phillips to unleash a lot of weapons in his defense. Don't forget that he was the architect of that Denver defense that tore apart Cam Newton. Yes, Brady is a better QB than Newton, but he's NOT a better runner. If the Patriots win, I predict that it would be because they forced turnovers, and James White has a career day catching passes out of the backfield as the hot receiver.

I'm biased, so I don't trust my own judgment, but I'm going to pick the Rams to win by more than 2 TDs. When/if I'm wrong, I'm sure that someone will be thoughtful enough to remind me.:Cheers:

Yes, I realize that this sounds crazy to say, but I think that Wade Phillips is going to focus on taking away the running game for the Patriots in order to force Brady to throw the ball, and they're going to T-up on him and try to beat the crap out of him.

I agree with this ... when Pats came to Nashville in Week 10, you could see Brady’s frustration with the hits, sacks, pressure & ineffective run game (granted that Gronk was out) and it was very evident when Hoyer mopped up at the end of the game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back