• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

We just offered a '19 OLB - its Larry Asante's little brother

Asante was a project guy anyway, wasnt going to help this year, and IMO NU already has better prospects at the position. Rather save the space for transfers.

Asante was a project guy anyway, wasnt going to help this year, and IMO NU already has better prospects at the position. Rather save the space for transfers.

Every recruit is a "project guy." The kid is a four-star prospect and plays a position that Nebraska is in the middle of trying to build.

Every recruit is a "project guy." The kid is a four-star prospect and plays a position that Nebraska is in the middle of trying to build.

i might be overreacting here, but i'm really concerned about the recruiting at the OLB position. its like echoes of RB recruiting under mike riley...

i might be overreacting here, but i'm really concerned about the recruiting at the OLB position. its like echoes of RB recruiting under mike riley...

I'm with you. Ruud nailed the inside spot, but Dewitt came up short IMPO. Jamin Graham and Garrett Nelson are nice prospects, but Nelson might not even stick at OLB. I wouldn't be surprised if defensive backs like Myles Farmer and/or Javin Wright ended up at OLB in a year or two.

But that would in turn leave the secondary short on preferred numbers. They already are at cornerback, IMPO, where they didn't sign a single guy who can be counted on to stick there for ther long term. Javin Wright will start at corner, and Quinton Newsome and Noa Pola-Gates could also get looks there (and perhaps stick), but they could have used at least one guy who was a definite CB looking term. I wouldn't be surprised if none of the DB's in this class played corner and we saw how it looks when you skip a class at a position like that. Not ideal.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back