• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

We just offered a '19 OLB - its Larry Asante's little brother

I’m really glad to hear they are making a run at Asante — I am much more enthused / optimistic by their pursuit of highly ranked legacy recruit. Much better than some the late recruiting cycle ‘flyers’ taken by previous staffs that washed out.

Nice start Huskerthom, heres a couple more

Pat/Cletus Fischer and sons..
Tony Davis, & son Josh

We're forgetting some obvious ones. Christian/Jason Peter. Chad/Chris Kelsay. Grant/Tracey Wistrom. Can't forget Baker's older brother Ty, either, who was a productive DT for us.

One of Solich's biggest downfalls is he started losing these connections. Dominic Raiola's little brother Donovan went on to be a good Center at Wisconsin, Mike Rucker's little brother Martin was an AA TE at Missouri. We get a few of them to come and those early 2000's teams look differently.

Last edited:

I would say probably at SAM. What do you think?
I'm going to hypothetically say we get him for the sake of my response here. I know there's varying reports on if he will even show up...

This one I will be watching along with Banks. Asante is absolutely not what we look for when it comes to an OLB, as we look for more of the Luke Gifford, Alex Davis, or more recently committed Jahmin Graham who is 6'6". Will his four star talent be able to overcome the height barrier for him? Further, we need immediate help at ILB, do we shift him there? A guy like Jackson Hannah reminds me of a better Luke Gifford coming out of high school and has played all over the field defensively. Would we move Hannah or Snodgrass to OLB and have Asante play inside? It will be really interesting to watch, and we could certainly design packages for Asante to play OLB, so i'm not trying to act like he can't play OLB for Chinander. He would just be bucking the trend for what we go after.

Banks and Asante if he commits will be fun to watch develop.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back