• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

USMNT vs Trinidad & Tobago (10/10/17) Update: Flooded Pitch

It’s one thing when our Huskers have a bad season or two, but this is absolutely inexcusable for a national soccer team of our supposed caliber. We’re missing FOUR YEARS of development. This could set us back a decade or more and cost millions of dollars in ticket/ad revenue/licensing...and worse, millions of FANS and FAMILES whose kids could be future players.

I could incinerate my keyboard right now. This is beyond unacceptable. I need to find a thesaurus for more words.

i get it folks... it sucks. but ualifying for the world cup is no easy feat, and should never be taken lightly. if you look at the history of quaifiers in other conferences, you have to have a measure of stability, seriousness and consistency to win. i don't feel like the USSF took things seriously enough. in soccer, never underestimate the power of home field.

i get it folks... it sucks. but ualifying for the world cup is no easy feat, and should never be taken lightly. if you look at the history of quaifiers in other conferences, you have to have a measure of stability, seriousness and consistency to win. i don't feel like the USSF took things seriously enough. in soccer, never underestimate the power of home field.

The only country that has an easier path to the WC is Mexico. I agree that the USSF didn't take this cycle seriously, and if they did, Bruce never showed any concern. He was still cracking jokes at press conferences this week. I can only imagine what he said to the team when they found out the US was out. It probably sounded like fart noises.

The only country that has an easier path to the WC is Mexico. I agree that the USSF didn't take this cycle seriously, and if they did, Bruce never showed any concern. He was still cracking jokes at press conferences this week. I can only imagine what he said to the team when they found out the US was out. It probably sounded like fart noises.

He's too busy telling the rest of the world how difficult it is to qualify... Yes, we get it, its ridiculous the conditions in some of these countries, but its bad for both teams, so that's just a cop-out.

It’s one thing when our Huskers have a bad season or two, but this is absolutely inexcusable for a national soccer team of our supposed caliber. We’re missing FOUR YEARS of development. This could set us back a decade or more and cost millions of dollars in ticket/ad revenue/licensing...and worse, millions of FANS and FAMILES whose kids could be future players.

I could incinerate my keyboard right now. This is beyond unacceptable. I need to find a thesaurus for more words.

It's bad, but thankfully, soccer isn't just about the USMNT anymore, and has grown in the past two decades. It's still a terrible travesty. However, this is a big blow to MLS.

FOX has to be absolutely pissed. How are they going to sell a World Cup in the US with no USMNT?

It's bad, but thankfully, soccer isn't just about the USMNT anymore, and has grown in the past two decades. It's still a terrible travesty. However, this is a big blow to MLS.

FOX has to be absolutely pissed. How are they going to sell a World Cup in the US with no USMNT?

They aren't. Arena and Gulati should both consider moving out of the country...

Actually, that must be it...it was a giant backdoor way for us to avoid watching Gus Johnson attempt to call soccer games.

They aren't. Arena and Gulati should both consider moving out of the country...

I can just imagine their promotions and video departments absolutely scrambling right now, trying to create ideas for promos on getting people to watch. It's funny, but sad at the same time.

Actually, that must be it...it was a giant backdoor way for us to avoid watching Gus Johnson attempt to call soccer games.

Dear Lord of all things holy, this is the one saving grace... that man is interesting to listen to when it comes to college basketball because the excitement just goes along with it, but he needs to be cut off from every other sport. He makes my ears bleed.

Well, I should at least make plans to watch Honduras play while vacationing in Roatan. I should at least get something out of this.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I asked Sunil Gulati if wholesale changes are needed and he didn&#39;t sound like someone who felt that way. He&#39;s in the minority on that one.</p>&mdash; Ives Galarcep (@SoccerByIves) <a href="">October 11, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back