• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Martinez hype train is chugging along

5c79a52feba0e.image.jpg

Reading Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss.

5c79a52db6598.image.jpg

That is a GREAT book! If he had never read it before, I bet he was surprised - he would have gotten more out of it then the kids would. It’s a wonderful book for a high school/college grad. Some important life lessons in that one! It was Geisel’s last book he wrote while battling cancer - also the most popular of all his books. If Martinez didn’t choose that one himself, I bet the teachers chose it specifically because he was the one reading. ;)

Last edited:
“Oh the places you’ll go! There is fun to be done! There are points to be scored. There are games to be won. And the magical things you can do with that ball, will make you the winning-est winner of all.”
Dr. Seuss

Last edited:

These odds, combined with Frost's glowing praise and polls like that on the front page, is likely too much hype for the young man.

A sophomore slump is possible, now that the whole league has film on/experience against the kid. Scaling back expectations, a bit, isn't a bad idea, IMO.

If he surpasses scaled-back expectations, than we will all by much happier (himself included) than if he fails to meet sky-high expectations.

I'd be worried also, but AM seems to handle all of this so well. It's great publicity for the program and will attract other kids who want to play in a program that can make offensive skill players look like stars this early in their career.

A lot of other QB's would make me worry about this, AM, not so much. He's a special talent

The point is that the hype is completely unnecessary, at this point. Don't pile more onto the young man than he is already trying to deal with.

I don't understand Frost's public praise, in this regard.
I understand what you're saying here. Fans did the same thing with Tanner Lee, only that was before he'd even played a single snap as a Husker.

I think Adrian Martinez is likely to have a very good season, but the possibility always remains that he could have a bit of a slump. There's also the possibility that other areas of the offense either help or hurt him statistically.

Frost's comments don't bother me much. That's as much a team thing as an individual thing. It doesn't matter what position it is - I hope every starting player leaves as the best ever. Until the next year when I want those guys to be the best ever. :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back