• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Basketball page on here is lacking

Thank you, I had a conversation the other day with a guy that was wondering why Nebraska moved a game to Sioux Falls. So, if I understand this, Nebraska (University) gets 100K, the businesses that support Nebraska that depend on the revenue from the games at the Vault get zero. Does that about sum it up?
There are a lot of Husker fans in South Dakota, so it's good to promote Nebraska up there once in a while. It's a state we should try to own for recruiting in multiple sports.

Thank you, I had a conversation the other day with a guy that was wondering why Nebraska moved a game to Sioux Falls. So, if I understand this, Nebraska (University) gets 100K, the businesses that support Nebraska that depend on the revenue from the games at the Vault get zero. Does that about sum it up?

Who says this would have been a home game if not played in SD

Nobody, I am guessing to get OSU it had to be moved or played at a neutral sight, at least by what I read.

Agreed

It didn't impact the local businesses because it was always going to be a neutral site game. Never was a home game or home and home. The venue has a big part ot play in all of the Div 1 games that have played there. There was an attempt to get a Nebr game there for a year ago against K St but an agreement cold not be reached.

Not to diverge further but the impact on the local economy has been impacted more so by the B1G's sechedualing of Conf games in past years that all but avoid weekends and have bad start times. That is much better this year but not always so.

Is there a suggestion box on the site? There seems to only be game info links on the Men's Hoops page and no daily articles on the team. Can that be changed?

Knock yourself out

I think he is suggesting that it have more content like the Football home page. I think it is a good idea. Who provides that content? It looks like All N would be a good person to provide the content for the Basketball "Home Page" in More Sports.

I post articles that I come across in the various threads; sometimes, a thread exists, and other times I post where it looks like it fits. The HuskerMax staff actually takes care of that content.

I maintain Women's and Men's basketball both index (homepage) and game pages as well as Volleyball. I do this to help Joe out so he can focus on Football which he does a bang up job on. This year it is lacking since I do not have the time to spend on it as I used too. Joe has stepped up and handles the homepage post game and I get the game page up the next day most of the time. Joe was able to handle the Volleyball championship pages since I had to go to bed before the matches were over due to a 4:45am wake up for work and eastern time.

I should have stayed up since my wife was up all night puking but then I may have started the title of the game page off as Nebraska looses close puke game.

Thanks for all you Do, @Huskermedic !!! :Bow:

(But it seems no matter how much one does, one can't please everybody ;).)

A lot of posters have already chipped-in contributing to this thread. :Salute:

(now maybe all we need to do is change the thread title; and maybe link it to the homepage)

Last edited:
Thanks for all you Do, @Huskermedic !!! :Bow:

(But it seems no matter how much one does, one can't please everybody ;).)

A lot of posters have already chipped-in contributing to this thread. :Salute:

(now maybe all we need to do is change the thread title; and maybe link it to the homepage)

I wasn’t calling anyone out. I didn't understand how the basketball homepage was managed. I apologize if anyone’s feelings were hurt.

I wasn’t calling anyone out. I didn't understand how the basketball homepage was managed. I apologize if anyone’s feelings were hurt.
Don't worry about it - the internet is made for misunderstandings.

In fact, maybe this is a good space to ask if there is a place to put links to be reviewed for the page? Maybe it would help to have a list of articles to pick from instead of having to find them on their own? Not sure if that's a help or no... some sites have a 'green-light' queue where mods control what goes to the appropriate page.

Either way, it's a lot of work, and I appreciate the staff for doing it so I don't have to!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back