• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Basketball page on here is lacking

Yep, it's under the "More Sports" drop down. Here is what you can find there today...

MEN’S HOOPS

FRESH LINKS: 12/12/2018

yes and that mainly just shows game info. Not links to the day to day articles in the papers etc.

I think he is suggesting that it have more content like the Football home page. I think it is a good idea. Who provides that content? It looks like All N would be a good person to provide the content for the Basketball "Home Page" in More Sports.
I post articles that I come across in the various threads; sometimes, a thread exists, and other times I post where it looks like it fits. The HuskerMax staff actually takes care of that content.

I post articles that I come across in the various threads; sometimes, a thread exists, and other times I post where it looks like it fits. The HuskerMax staff actually takes care of that content.

I know. I enjoy the information. I'm trying to get you a part time job with HM.

Is there a suggestion box on the site? There seems to only be game info links on the Men's Hoops page and no daily articles on the team. Can that be changed?
I would post links on it if I could. It would be nice if fans and recruits and their families could go to that page and see what's going on with our team day to day. Most people do not check the message board.

I am not quite sure what you are saying here. You seem to be saying that you are finding frequent (daily?) articles on the MBB Team that are more team, coaches, people related (rather than centered around specific games) that you would post if you could.

While the Home Page is maintained by HM personnel, there is no reason I see that you can't start a thread in this forum titled something like "Media Thread" or "Newspaper-Articles Thread" where you (and anyone else) can post links and summarize articles they happen to run across.

I would hazard a guess this forum might even be better than the 'Home Page' (which I wasn't even aware of until @Trapped in Iowa mentioned it). I think fans are more likely to access the MBB Board more often than the 'Home Page.'

In any event I think it is a good idea; the more frequent information that's available regarding the team, the better! (Frequent posts (daily) would insure the thread stays near the top of the page.)

I think the thread for current stories is a workable idea. I have contributed tweets and stories to threads that go on for weeks in the past, though without All N's persistence (thanks).

Start a thread called "weekly articles, 12/9" or something. ;)

Thank you, I had a conversation the other day with a guy that was wondering why Nebraska moved a game to Sioux Falls. So, if I understand this, Nebraska (University) gets 100K, the businesses that support Nebraska that depend on the revenue from the games at the Vault get zero. Does that about sum it up?

Thank you, I had a conversation the other day with a guy that was wondering why Nebraska moved a game to Sioux Falls. So, if I understand this, Nebraska (University) gets 100K, the businesses that support Nebraska that depend on the revenue from the games at the Vault get zero. Does that about sum it up?
Sounds right.

OSU is a quality opponent, not sure we would have gotten a home-and-away series set with them. Miles/AD was looking for quality games THIS YEAR to make this schedule tougher. It seems like a win-win to me to get a good program (69th in Sagarin ratings) at a neutral site and make money on it.

Local businesses might complain about this one, but UNL went out of its way to get home games on Saturday this season after none last season.

Last edited:
OSU is a quality opponent, not sure we would have gotten a home-and-away series set with them. Miles/AD was looking for quality games THIS YEAR to make this schedule tougher. It seems like a win-win to me to get a good program (69th in Sagarin ratings) at a neutral site and make money on it.

Local businesses might complain about this one, but UNL went out of its way to get home games on Saturday this season after none last season.

While I get it, and I understand it, just not a fan, but I guess it is better than nothing.

I'm talking only about the importance of the home men's hoops page having all the daily articles on the team like the FB page. Again, it's important because most people do not go to the forums. They just check in the home pages to see whats new with the team. I'm sure there are almost daily articles on the hoops team. Those should be on the main page for recruits and players to see.

I guess I should email max on this... Maybe even he doesn't come in this forum to see this.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back