• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Silver Lining

Suhperman

Resident Genius
5 Year Member
The Riley hire will have been worth it (despite the disastrous results) if Frost comes in and kicks butt. This 3 year stretch has rid the program of the stench Bo left behind, it has given Frost a chance to cut his teeth at a mid-major and prove that he's ready for the next step, which he has, and it has allowed Scott time to establish recruiting ties in Florida and the Southeast to couple with his West Coast ties.

The possible recruiting holes will be Texas/Louisiana, Ohio/Pennsylvania/ New Jersey and the Midwest. I'm not sure who on his current staff works those areas, but if they're covered he'll be good to go. The next few weeks will be interesting for sure.

So many jobs open. Should be very interesting indeed the next 2-3 weeks. Hopefully NU will land the right coach for them.

Jim Mora just got fired by UCLA. It's amazing that just a few years ago he was the hot up and coming coach and now he's out of a job. They still might finish 6-6 and go to a bowl too.

The Riley hire will have been worth it (despite the disastrous results) if Frost comes in and kicks butt. This 3 year stretch has rid the program of the stench Bo left behind, it has given Frost a chance to cut his teeth at a mid-major and prove that he's ready for the next step, which he has, and it has allowed Scott time to establish recruiting ties in Florida and the Southeast to couple with his West Coast ties.

The possible recruiting holes will be Texas/Louisiana, Ohio/Pennsylvania/ New Jersey and the Midwest. I'm not sure who on his current staff works those areas, but if they're covered he'll be good to go. The next few weeks will be interesting for sure.
It also proves to those fans that not just any trained monkey could win at Nebraska, and to cherish winning

It also proves to those fans that not just any trained monkey could win at Nebraska, and to cherish winning
Well, you know they're just going to come back with saying MRs situation was unique, because Bo ruined everything for MR, and some of the losses this year are still Bo's fault, and throw some players under the bus while they're at it. Certain poster's "identities" are centered on blaming Bo, and without mentioning Bo, they have nothing to say.

Jim Mora just got fired by UCLA. It's amazing that just a few years ago he was the hot up and coming coach and now he's out of a job. They still might finish 6-6 and go to a bowl too.
Whaaaaaaat? The hot and upcoming coaches don't always work out? Hmmmm...

This 3 year stretch has rid the program of the stench Bo left behind, it has givenFrost a chance to cut his teeth at a mid-major and prove that he's ready for the next step, which he has, and it has allowed Scott time to establish recruiting ties in Florida and the Southeast to couple with his West Coast ties.

The period is your friend.

You would have been happy with 3 years of 0-12 if it meant getting rid of your nemesis Bo. That's your REAL silver lining. Be honest.

Last edited:
Well, you know they're just going to come back with saying MRs situation was unique, because Bo ruined everything for MR, and some of the losses this year are still Bo's fault, and throw some players under the bus while they're at it. Certain poster's "identities" are centered on blaming Bo, and without mentioning Bo, they have nothing to say.
no. the monkey was just poorly trained.

So by that logic, the six year hell I went though with my first wife was the "silver lining" because my second wife has been the love of my life for 33 years?

No thanks, would rather have met the second one first! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Have you looked at his recruiting classes?

Florida, Georgia and Virginia for the SE.

But more important for us, he has regularly gone to the Juco's in Iowa and Kansas.

Can you think of team that needs a quick infusion of playmakers more than we do?

DONU used to own Coffeville Junior College, maybe we can get our next Mike Rozier from them if Scott comes back.

Haven't won since 1999...so I think most folks would cherish it if SF changes that...

That said, perhaps you need a reminder:
Bhk26I_CMAAnQgV.jpg

Last edited:

So by that logic, the six year hell I went though with my first wife was the "silver lining" because my second wife has been the love of my life for 33 years?

No thanks, would rather have met the second one first! :)
Life is a journey, often one step prepares you for the next. If you hadn't taken the "first wife" step, you may have never met or been prepared to meet wife #2.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back