• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Recruiting Tidbits from Riley (Two Silent Commits & Bookie said 10th commit coming tommorow-23 Apr)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to bet on 20 with attrition and over signing. So we have some leeway

This 10th guy if we get him is top of the heap at his position
Two questions: Has Riley over signed any class since he's been here?

jika mentioned Jalen Bradley having a problem qualifying. I thought he was not offered until he had the qualifying ACT score. What is the problem?

jika mentioned Jalen Bradley having a problem qualifying. I thought he was not offered until he had the qualifying ACT score. What is the problem?

Bradley as far as I am aware is on course to qualify.

No he has not but this year being a small class and expected attrition it would not surprise me if he does.

I had the same thought just now after reading the article about him. He hasn't narrowed down his list of offers so it seems to be a long shot right now, but you never know :)

Dude is a ball hawk. Takes and adjusts angles well. Doesn't slow down to tackle. Gets his head across and tackles to the ground. Love every part of his game.

PM me.

If I were a betting man I would wager on Goodrich and Moore as the silent commits. Tenth commit could be anyone. Smaller class and recruits want in thus the commits

What is the logic behind being a 'silent' commit?

I can understand the logic behind being a 'silent' lotto winner, but looking for good reasons to be a 'silent' commit...seems like another way of saying 'I'm a kind-a, sort-a 'soft' commit'.

The only reason I can come up with is that they can't walk their High school hallways or walk down Main street of their community if they publicly announce being 'N' without getting their tail kicked by their peers for not committing to the local favorite. That makes sense to me.

Last edited:
If the RBs the previous staff was getting weren't good enough, I can't wait to find out what qualifies as good enough.

My guess is Pickering based on RR's clues:
1. Not one we've talked much about (but he has been discussed)--no one gets as excited about a kicker as a stud CB, QB, or WR
2. Position would give it away--Pickering is the only kicker we've mentioned
3. Top of heap--Pickering is considered one of the top HS kicking prospects in the country

It's not as exciting of a commit as a Josh Moore or Avery, but a position of need with Brown a senior.

I can understand the logic behind being a 'silent' lotto winner, but looking for good reasons to be a 'silent' commit...seems like another way of saying 'I'm a kind-a, sort-a 'soft' commit'.

The only reason I can come up with is that they can't walk their High school hallways or walk down Main street of their community if they publicly announce being 'N' without getting their tail kicked by their peers for not committing to the local favorite. That makes sense to me.

A lot of time they are silent commits because they like the school and want to go there but they want to make 100% sure that it's the right decision before they announce it.Bookie said that's why he was a silent. Also they could have a time or day chosen to announce but want to inform the coaches before hand.

Last edited:

Why don't you ask Bookie?

My guess is Pickering based on RR's clues:
1. Not one we've talked much about (but he has been discussed)--no one gets as excited about a kicker as a stud CB, QB, or WR
2. Position would give it away--Pickering is the only kicker we've mentioned
3. Top of heap--Pickering is considered one of the top HS kicking prospects in the country

It's not as exciting of a commit as a Josh Moore or Avery, but a position of need with Brown a senior.
He's my guess. And I know everything. :Biggrin:

Last edited:

Silent commits and soft commits are the spice of recruiting. Lots of fun speculating who the silents are and when are they announcing/ why haven't they announced?
Will the softs stick it out, and where oh where are they visiting this weekend? All the other schools are deceitful or have bag men. Opposing coaches are douchebags, scoundrels, and possibly baby haters.

Keeps us all occupied and engaged. Gotta love it.

Last edited:

A lot of time they are silent commits because they like the school and want to go there but they want to make 100% sure that it's the right decision before they announce it.Bookie said that's why he was a silent. Also they could have a time or day chosen to announce but want to inform the coaches before hand.

I think this is likely the best answer.

I wonder if they have some verbal agreement with the coaches to hold a spot for them on the team?

While they wait and see if someone else comes strolling along and broadsides them at a greater magnitude.

I'm guessing the coaches are willing to do that up to a certain point.

Silent commit = Soft commit - Public indication = Placeholder until somebody else can out-dazzle what they are sold on now.

So much like dating.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back