• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB comparison from first scimmage

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the time for objectivity is now. That's what the photographs are for.

Instead of all of this ridiculous speculation about who is better, faster, gooder looking, etc. etc. Why don't we let Frost and Co. do their thang, and then, when the time is right, Frost will announce our Day 1 starter. How'd that be, ya'll!

I do believe that we are all in agreement, that we want the guy that will produce the most wins, no matter who it is, and then, even if it's QB by committee.

There are a number of good posts in this thread. You guys win for me for different reasons. I like the sarcasm and the realism. Keep it going!

My goodness you would have thought a week off would have cooled your jets. Since your on a vintage troll I am going to lock you out of this one.

Going to give you a couple of more days off too, to give us all a break from your nonsense.

RR

Lighten up.....Francis......

What hand did Ali carry the ball ind? answer... none HE DID NOT PLAY FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!! There is no comparison between the two sports other than both are likely to give you a concussion.

BTWm boxing with your hands down ends up with you having a very bad ending to your life.

Huh? Nobody is certain that boxing contributed to Ali's Parkinson's.

Huh? Nobody is certain that boxing contributed to Ali's Parkinson's.
First off when it comes to injuries of the brain no one can be certain what causes it. As this Dr. points out. Evidence certainly points in that direction.
The 64,000 dollar question remains — did boxing cause Ali’s Parkinson’s disease? What is unequivocal is that professional boxing triggers brain damage.The short answer is that no one is able to say, but the longer one is that it may well have done so because of the length of time he continued to box way past his prime. It is unique in that the aim of the sport is to inflict damage to the head with the ultimate aim being a knockout and loss of consciousness, and, in addition to the term dementia pugilistica, we now have one known as ‘pugilistic parkinsonism’ in medicine.
So yeah not 100%. There is however overwhelming circumstantial evidence. I believe it is causational because he is the only boxer I ever saw try to use his own ability to take a punch as a strategy. He did the rope a dope against three of the hardest punchers in history. Holmes, Foreman and Frazier.

First off when it comes to injuries of the brain no one can be certain what causes it. As this Dr. points out. Evidence certainly points in that direction.
So yeah not 100%. There is however overwhelming circumstantial evidence. I believe it is causational because he is the only boxer I ever saw try to use his own ability to take a punch as a strategy. He did the rope a dope against three of the hardest punchers in history. Holmes, Foreman and Frazier.

No, there is not. I've read many studies that contradict one, another with the word "may" used in every one of their synopses. If this were the case, we'd see so many, more boxers with early onset Parkinson's.

I'm not saying it didn't, but I haven't seen enough to say it did, either.

Last edited:

I would not worry about it. The great thing is that we have 3 excellent QBs for SF's offense. I'd say we have 2 Mercedes and one Lamborghini.

I do not think SF will decide to keep his Lamborghini parked in the garage for a year. If he thinks it's tuned up and ready to go, I think he will drive it. SF will want to give his players the best possible chance to become champions this year, and he is not apt to leave his best athlete/play-maker on the bench.

Like *** said, AM has a way higher ceiling than Gebbia, and the sooner you play AM, the sooner he will reach his ceiling. And as AM progresses toward his ceiling, the ceiling of the entire team will get higher.

https://forum.huskermax.com/index.php?threads/martinez-or-gebbia.105017/page-3#post-3572835
My way of thinking runs pretty much like Paramus stated. This reminds me so much like when Tommie Frazier arrived. I know injuries caused different QBs to play. However, they were all good enough to be starters in their own style of play and produced for the entire team. I would be surprised if the QB position was not run by committee for a few games as least this year.

We will need both qbs at some point during the year, and they bring different strengths to the table. We have a ton of playmakers at receiver and the running backs are emerging - lessens the importance of the qb improvising and doing it on his own
This all day long...........

Our QB coach reps that, so that could be advantage AM actually.
I understand different throws require different motion and footwork. A couple of his throws looked to sail on him due to not placing his feet correctly. Guess just too old school about mechanics and stepping in to the throw, lol.

From my point of view, it looks like an act of swagger and confidence.

But it is nothing we have to worry about. We have the 2017 consensus FBS coach of the year taking care of it for us. SF and MV have a great record with QBs. I am sure they will have all 3 of them ready to go.

However, I will ask the question once again. Has anyone ever seen AM fumble?

They didn't release that still photo.

I would not worry about it. The great thing is that we have 3 excellent QBs for SF's offense. I'd say we have 2 Mercedes and one Lamborghini.

I do not think SF will decide to keep his Lamborghini parked in the garage for a year. If he thinks it's tuned up and ready to go, I think he will drive it. SF will want to give his players the best possible chance to become champions this year, and he is not apt to leave his best athlete/play-maker on the bench.

Like *** said, AM has a way higher ceiling than Gebbia, and the sooner you play AM, the sooner he will reach his ceiling. And as AM progresses toward his ceiling, the ceiling of the entire team will get higher.

https://forum.huskermax.com/index.php?threads/martinez-or-gebbia.105017/page-3#post-3572835

Totally agree. Sitting AM this year IMO would really not gain anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back