• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QB comparison from first scimmage

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd like to point out that a ballcarrier, regardless of talent level, should probably not listen to anyone talking about carrying the ball with only three points of pressure.

From my point of view, it looks like an act of swagger and confidence.

But it is nothing we have to worry about. We have the 2017 consensus FBS coach of the year taking care of it for us. SF and MV have a great record with QBs. I am sure they will have all 3 of them ready to go.

However, I will ask the question once again. Has anyone ever seen AM fumble?

:Confused:
As long has his hands are as big and strong as Earl Campbell's we have nothing to worry about. Earl used to beat defenders over the head with the football when they attempted to tackle him... He gave them pigskin pies in the face...

Do not tell me being stylish and cool is irrelevant when picking a QB.

Good Point! And world class style is the best!

earl_monroe_signed_new_york_knicks_dribbling_8x10_photo_steiner_coa_p1179806.jpg

Last edited:

One thing is for sure...QB threads take off like wild fire. However, they always end up getting locked. If this one gets locked, there will be another to follow. It's a very hot topic.

:Teacher:

Last edited:
1. AM likes to run in any direction. He just likes to run, period.

2. AM does not have to tuck the ball away like Gebbia does, because unlike Gebbia, nobody can catch him. The photos show AM not being touched while Gebbia is being touched by 2 defenders at the same time.

3. AM will never fall behind Gebbia, especially in a foot race and definitely not in a QB race. For one thing, AM is a world-class athlete competing against mere FBS-level athletes and for another thing, AM hates to lose.
This statement truly shows an ignorance of football fundamentals.

I'd like to point out that a ballcarrier, regardless of talent level, should probably not listen to anyone talking about carrying the ball with only three points of pressure.

Ali fought with his hands down. He was not taught to do that. The great ones can defy convention.

TediousDeadBarnswallow-max-1mb.gif

He is in absolutely no position to throw, nor does he have a throwing grip on the ball in either photo. Actually, he appears to be running laterally for his life, looking unable to turn the corner and get up field. But, as I said...a few still photo's aren't too revealing.
agree

One thing is for sure...QB threads take off like wild fire. However, they always end up getting locked. If this one gets locked, there will be another to follow. It's a very hot topic.

:Teacher:

My goodness you would have thought a week off would have cooled your jets. Since your on a vintage troll I am going to lock you out of this one.

Going to give you a couple of more days off too, to give us all a break from your nonsense.

RR

Ali fought with his hands down. He was not taught to do that. The great ones can defy convention.

TediousDeadBarnswallow-max-1mb.gif
What hand did Ali carry the ball ind? answer... none HE DID NOT PLAY FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!! There is no comparison between the two sports other than both are likely to give you a concussion.

BTWm boxing with your hands down ends up with you having a very bad ending to your life.

We will need both qbs at some point during the year, and they bring different strengths to the table. We have a ton of playmakers at receiver and the running backs are emerging - lessens the importance of the qb improvising and doing it on his own

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back