• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Olympic Hockey Thread 2014

Interesting....

When Canada plays against Sweden in the gold medal game on Sunday, the contest will be officiated by three Canadian-born referees and one American who lives in Calgary.

“What a (bleep)ing joke,” retired NHL star and Swedish gold medalist Peter Forsberg said, according to the Toronto Star. He added that the Canadian-heavy referee selection was “comedy at its highest level.”

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...edal-game-referee-selections-a-bleeping-joke/

Elliotte Friedman ‏<s>@</s>FriedgeHNIC Swedish media were asking a few Canadian players about it today. Annnnnnnd they weren't biting.

Last edited:

USA finishing the first period with wave after wave at the Fin goal....no goal yet....

USA on a power play with 1:09 left in the period.....

One period done.....0-0....USA will have power play to start second period....51 seconds....

JVR hit in the face with a puck as the period ends....

Only sport that would allow it in intentional completion.....never allowed in soccer....I think they will call the game fair...but its a perception thing.....and if they blow a call its going to go viral in a matter of seconds....

Both teams have tp approve the officials. Swedes don't seem upset. just someone that wants some air time.

Only sport that would allow it in intentional completion.....never allowed in soccer....I think they will call the game fair...but its a perception thing.....and if they blow a call its going to go viral in a matter of seconds....

It was part of the condition of using NHL players. As the article said they were chosen based on their performance during these game. They were not picked at random.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back