• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Olympic Hockey Thread 2014

Looks like we're stuck with Beiber:
article-2564613-1BB30DB700000578-311_634x407.jpg

Personally, if I were to rank 'em now, I'd go: 1. Canada 2. USA 3. Sweden.

Though there is an obvious difference of opinions. :)

But of course, I also said I felt the two best teams were the U.S. and Canada -- but only one would have the opportunity for the Gold. Turns out, it's the mounties.

Price was solid my biggest concern ...wasn't tested as much as Quick (who was great). Liked how Canada played in the third keeping the puck in low and working over the US defence.

Can't imagine the gold medal game being as good as this. Too bad this was a best of 7, I'd like to watch the other games.

Like the World Cup of Hockey in 1996....:)

Price was solid my biggest concern ...wasn't tested as much as Quick (who was great). Liked how Canada played in the third keeping the puck in low and working over the US defence.

Can't imagine the gold medal game being as good as this. Too bad this was a best of 7, I'd like to watch the other games.

Last edited:

No offense to our Canadian posters or Canadians in general..as I love watching many of the Canadian players as well but...I am really starting to hate team Canada.:mad:;)

No offense to our Canadian posters or Canadians in general..as I love watching many of the Canadian players as well but...I am really starting to hate team Canada.:mad:;)

I was almost convinced the US was better as I posted yesterday...But their (Canadas) Def came through great game.

GO CANADA!!

I was on with the Swedes from the beginning...should be a great game.

Last edited:

Canadian style Hockey is completely different than the NHL...Is why I hate the NHL...dump and chase.
That is a reason I hated NHL players being allowed to become a part of these games.

It's why Russia and Europe have historically done well in these game...I hated seeing these games turned into dump and chase....boring!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back