• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Olympic Hockey Thread 2014

Jordan Hall ‏<s>@</s>jordan1hall<s>#</s>TeamUSA looks dejected. It's losing 3-0 in a game it didn't want to be in to begin with. Hard to blame them. <s>#</s>Sochi2014 <s>#</s>NBCOlympics

Jordan Hall ‏<s>@</s>jordan1hall<s>@</s>ScorpDaddio54 Agreed. But imagine having your dreams crushed, then going to a job you despise the next day. Tough to find motivation.

While realistic emotions, still disappointing to read. Sometimes when you don't get the promotion you've hoped for at work, you still need to realize the importance of showing up the next day and doing your best.

There was still room to salvage some pride and stand on the medal podium to receive the bronze. While a bit disappointing after the dreams were sky high 24 hours ago, the disappointment is much greater in not even receiving a medal. There was no shame in losing 1-0 to Canada. Today's loss was quite embarrassing.

No argument....

“I’m not proud at all right now,” American forward Max Pacioretty told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Dejan Kovacevic. “I don’t think anyone is. We were playing for a medal and didn’t show up.

That’s a sentiment his teammates certainly seem to agree with.

“Disappointed,” Parise said. “A little embarrassing with what was on the line for is the last two days and not play well.”

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/22/u-s-players-embarrassed-following-blowout-loss/

Last edited:

Greg Wyshynski ‏<s>@</s>wyshynskiParise calls team too passive offensively in last two. Where did the goals go? "We played better teams"

The did not show up....pretty much mailed it in....

While realistic emotions, still disappointing to read. Sometimes when you don't get the promotion you've hoped for at work, you still need to realize the importance of showing up the next day and doing your best.

There was still room to salvage some pride and stand on the medal podium to receive the bronze. While a bit disappointing after the dreams were sky high 24 hours ago, the disappointment is much greater in not even receiving a medal. There was no shame in losing 1-0 to Canada. Today's loss was quite embarrassing.

Dejan Kovacevic ‏<s>@</s>Dejan_KovacevicMax Pacioretty: 'I'm not proud at all right now. I don't think anyone is. We were playing for a medal and didn't show up.'

Elliotte Friedman ‏<s>@</s>FriedgeHNICReminds a lot of 1998 -- CAN lost to CZE, didn't have same passion for Bronze Finns do. Credit to them: they want the medal.

The most impressive thing about hockey to me is to see a team that passes well. The Red Army line for the Red Wings back in the 90's was the greatest display of hockey ever in my opinion. Those guys had a lot of individual talent but the way they played as a team was incredible.

NHL has turned into dump and chase...

Dfxz0WL.jpg

Hey RR. Don't know what happened, only have basic cable down here in the desert, but reading posts, it sounds like USA didn't put their heart into this one. I think the gold medal game was a 1-0 win by Canada so I can understand the disappointment felt by the USA fans for the lack of effort put forth by their team to medal. The USA had a great team but met a Canadian team with a great D and cycled the puck so well in the third that they had a tough time breaking out of their own end. Quick and Price both played gold medal style performances and from that game both teams were spent going for that shot at the final game. Forsberg fired the perfect shot with the refereeing question. We all remember....Pops, RR, weatherman, ect.. what we used to watch in the past with officiating in the Olympics. Having a Ref from Austria do the gold medal game and totally screwing up. The call went out to bring in the pro's and finally we got them thank goodness. They are Canadian and American and they know how to call a game. The fast pace does not faze the pro's and Forsberg did a good job of doing Sweden a favour by deflecting some pressure from the team and having outside sources question the officiating choices. Go Canada...beat Sweden!!

They didn't....and I can understand somewhat....and I don't understand somewhat....

Soccer did away with the 3rd/4th final for this reason....had a friend suggest that hockey/Olympics just give Bronze to both semi-final losers and call it a day....I could live with that....

I have no problem with the refs for tomorrow...as you said they are pros....a perception issue though IF they make a mistake....no win situation for them.....

Hey RR. Don't know what happened, only have basic cable down here in the desert, but reading posts, it sounds like USA didn't put their heart into this one. I think the gold medal
game was a 1-0 win by Canada so I can understand the disappointment felt by the USA fans for the lack of effort put forth by their team to medal. The USA had a great team but met a Canadian team with a great D and cycled the puck so well in the third that they had a tough time breaking out of their own end. Quick and Price both played gold medal style performances and from that game both teams were spent going for that shot at the final game. Forsberg fired the perfect shot with the refereeing question. We all remember....Pops, RR, weatherman, ect.. what we used to watch in the past with officiating in the Olympics. Having a Ref from Austria do the gold medal game and totally screwing up. The call went out to bring in the pro's and finally we got them thank goodness. They are Canadian and American and they know how to call a game. The fast pace does not faze the pro's and Forsberg did a good job of doing Sweden a favour by deflecting some pressure from the team and having outside sources question the officiating choices. Go Canada...beat Sweden!!

Last edited:

Yesssss
My Canadian team does it again!

Allowing only 3 goals in 6 games. Does Def win games in hockey? you're damn skippy it does.
Refs were a non factor as should be.
Crosby did his thing again scoring on a breakaway set up by the D.

Proud moment for Canada. Sweden deserves credit playing without their best scorers.

Looking for a 3 peat in 4 years:)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back