• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked News & Notes on Final Weekend of 2015 Recruiting Cycle: Talant still undecided

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that over all there is a lot of churn in the recruiting cycle right now...more than I can remember, esp among the big boys. Usually at this time, most of the talk is on the uncommitted and some players that the p5 schools might pull from some lower schools to fill out the class. However, just looking at the 247 crystal ball projections today....Shaw (the rb we were going after is predicated to flip from Wis to Iowa State), A DB from Georgia to Texas, a DE from Oregon State to Florida, Weber from Ohio State to Mich; Jefferson from Miss to Mich.....and last weekend there was talk of even committed recruits to Auburn, Alabama visiting other schools.

Going to be interesting to see where it all shakes out!

Tonight’s drama just underscores why you push the numbers and oversign. I have said multiple times, you do not recruit to 85. You recruit to 88 and maybe even higher if you have a lot of uncertainty. You especially recruit to a higher number in a small class.

If you have some last second disappointments, you will still be alright. If you aim for 85, any last second disappointments leave you short.

Meanwhile next year, my guess is we are going to have more than 25 slots available (for those advocating holding scholarships for next year). It’s possible then that we would have slots saved all the way to 2017. That is two years of probation for every scholarship (or 1 JUCO player per unused scholarship). This is all part of roster management that Pelini/Els really did not comprehend.

I like the fact we pushed the numbers this year. I also like the fact that we took no JUCO’s. Next year, with such a large class, it would be advantageous to take at least a few JUCO’s to try to even out the class.

Very well said....good post....

Tonight’s drama just underscores why you push the numbers and oversign. I have said multiple times, you do not recruit to 85. You recruit to 88 and maybe even higher if you have a lot of uncertainty. You especially recruit to a higher number in a small class.

If you have some last second disappointments, you will still be alright. If you aim for 85, any last second disappointments leave you short.

Meanwhile next year, my guess is we are going to have more than 25 slots available (for those advocating holding scholarships for next year). It’s possible then that we would have slots saved all the way to 2017. That is two years of probation for every scholarship (or 1 JUCO player per unused scholarship). This is all part of roster management that Pelini/Els really did not comprehend.

I like the fact we pushed the numbers this year. I also like the fact that we took no JUCO’s. Next year, with such a large class, it would be advantageous to take at least a few JUCO’s to try to even out the class.

Seriously.....Lordy....:)

Samuel McKewon‏<s>@</s>swmckewonOWHWillie Sykes now says he's torn between NU/Arkansas, cites internships at "Fortune 500 companies" for Ark interest. http://www.omaha.com/huskers/recruiting-willie-sykes-torn-between-arkansas-and-nebraska-will-pick/article_301f8b20-ac27-11e4-90e7-af836a579f11.html …

Arky has ties to Walmart/Nebraska has ties to NFL...now that makes for a tough decision if your goal is the NFL. If he chooses Walmart so be it...making the right kinds of decisions are as important as how fast you are.

Guys, I’m gonna go to bed pretty soon.

I have to work tomorrow and won’t be able to check in until around noon.

Thank you everyone for some great conversation and information.

There have been a few fights every now and then but I thought by and large, the board has been very well behaved.

It’s been fun and hopefully tomorrow will be a great day.

Until then, . . .

Take care all.

Serious question for RR: per NCAA rules, is there any difference between offering a recruit a fortune, and offering a kid a Fortune 500 internship?

I'm a little confused. He's thinking about going to Arkansas because he can get a Fortune 500 internship after he graduates? Is he not even picturing the NFL at this point?

See you my friend....bit under the weather myself.....so going to hot the hay too....

Guys, I’m gonna go to bed pretty soon.

I have to work tomorrow and won’t be able to check in until around noon.

Thank you everyone for some great conversation and information.

There have been a few fights every now and then but I thought by and large, the board has been very well behaved.

It’s been fun and hopefully tomorrow will be a great day.

Until then, . . .

Take care all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back