• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Looks Like We have Separation

Well of course they separated themselves. They are the only team that scrimmaged for him.

How can he fairly compare NU to UW unless both teams scrimmage? DiNardo said he wasn't even able to evaluate NU's O-line because they only did some technique-type drills among themselves.

Also, DiNardo is jumping the gun. He has yet to visit Purdue, Illinois and Northwestern.

Last edited:

Well of course they separated themselves. They are the only team that scrimmaged for him. Duh!
Yeah, I thought about that too. Just found it curious that DiNardo would put that out there when most teams on the BTN tour did not scrimmage.

Yeah, I thought about that too. Just found it curious that DiNardo would put that out there when most teams on the BTN tour did not scrimmage.
Our first couple years in the B1G Dinardo picked us to win it all. He said at the time we would have to win before he would pick us again. Or something like that. So until we prove it not gonna pick us.

However he said about us that this was the best practice he had seen at NE.

Our first couple years in the B1G Dinardo picked us to win it all. He said at the time we would have to win before he would pick us again. Or something like that. So until we prove it not gonna pick us.

However he said about us that this was the best practice he had seen at NE.

I appreciate the BTN's campus tour evaluations. They are fun and informative. However, the best method for getting accurate team evaluations is to have the teams play each other.

jerry-lewis-nutty.jpg

Last edited:

Also, when they talk about great running backs around the League, we never hear about Wisconsin's RBs. Do they even have a RB?

Puzzled-Man-244x300.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Dienhardt says

The running back position is loaded with talent.
Bradrick Shaw looks like Wisconsin’s next 1,000-yard back. He’s a nice combo of size and speed. But don’t discount Pitt transfer Chris James, a physical runner who will have a role in this tough, rugged attack. These two are basically No. 1 and No. 1A. But the real buzz tonight was about true freshman Jonathan Taylor. Keep an eye on him. He busted off a long TD run early in the scrimmage. He broke Corey Clement’s prep records in New Jersey. Taylor may be a special back.

spock-raise-one-eyebrow.jpg

Last edited:
I think they were much more impressed with Nebraska this year. It showed in their bus stop show.

Even with that they are still wait and see on Nebraska.

Wisconsin is a known commodity that has earned their reputation. They are going to get the benefit of the doubt. By getting to see then scrimmage they are just reinforcing what they already thought about them.

Wish I could find and keep a job making predictions that rarely come true. Sports prognosticators and TV weathermen (love ya, HWM!) have made a cottage industry out of doing just that.

Wish I could find and keep a job making predictions that rarely come true. Sports prognosticators and TV weathermen (love ya, HWM!) have made a cottage industry out of doing just that.

Good point! However when a WM says that a hurricane is on its way, they are usually right.

In any case, it is hard to deny that Wisconsin has another imposing offensive line ready to go to work.

:(

Tom Dienhart says

The offensive line is in vintage Wisconsin form.
And this is the case even with Ryan Ramczyk gone a year early to the NFL. That wasn’t the case in recent years, as injury, youth and a lack of depth hurt the o-line. The left side of the line is filled with talent and beef, with Michael Deiter (6-6, 328) at tackle and Jon Dietzen (6-6, 336) at guard. Keep an eye on redshirt freshman center Tyler Biadasz, who looks like a future star. The right side has Beau Benzschawel (6-6, 317) at guard and David Edwards (6-7, 315) at tackle. Edwards was a prep QB who was signed as a TE. Now he is protecting Alex Hornibrook’s blind side. This unit is big, tough and physical. And it’s smart, too. They should pave the way for another strong rushing season for the Badgers.

http://btn.com/2017/08/19/dienhart-5-things-i-learned-at-wisconsin-fall-practice/

Last edited:
Good point! However when a WM says that a hurricane is on its way, they are usually right.

In any case, it is hard to deny that Wisconsin has another imposing offensive line ready to go to work.

:(

Tom Dienhart says

The offensive line is in vintage Wisconsin form.
And this is the case even with Ryan Ramczyk gone a year early to the NFL. That wasn’t the case in recent years, as injury, youth and a lack of depth hurt the o-line. The left side of the line is filled with talent and beef, with Michael Deiter (6-6, 328) at tackle and Jon Dietzen (6-6, 336) at guard. Keep an eye on redshirt freshman center Tyler Biadasz, who looks like a future star. The right side has Beau Benzschawel (6-6, 317) at guard and David Edwards (6-7, 315) at tackle. Edwards was a prep QB who was signed as a TE. Now he is protecting Alex Hornibrook’s blind side. This unit is big, tough and physical. And it’s smart, too. They should pave the way for another strong rushing season for the Badgers.

http://btn.com/2017/08/19/dienhart-5-things-i-learned-at-wisconsin-fall-practice/

Those are some big dudes, no doubt about it. Not that impressed with Hornibrook, though.

Those are some big dudes, no doubt about it. Not that impressed with Hornibrook, though.

I was fairly impressed with him. Talented but inconsistent. Last season he was just a RS freshman. He is bound to get better.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back